Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 12:58 AM   #1
MediaXcomm
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MediaXcomm
NISMO INTAKE /knock sensor relocation on 04 specV

Okay so after much research and even more deliberation I deceided to go with the Nismo Cold Air Intake. And the results....drum roll please
......well 1st off let me tell you the good then ill give you the bad
The GOOD:
1-wicked sound not a cheesey ricer soun either i mean "what a growl!"
2-no more expensive than the others;contrary to popular telling
(and its NISSAN)
3-Real nice horsepower gain -havent dynoed it yet but ass dyno tells
me so
4-super easy installation
and good looking if your into that sorta thing
(Black with NISMO plate logo on the tunnel(2nd gen)

OKAY now for the B::A:: D

1-bypass filter that comes with it is supposed to fit on the stock Mass Air Unit-IT doesnt! its a tad too small so be careful when sliding it on... ..broke mine in a hurry
use some tranny fluid or oil and just slide it on enough for the hose clamp to do the rest
2-check engine light wont clear not sure if this is due to the intake or the relocation of the knock sensor (ill let you know)
3- your going to have to widen the hole a bit next to the battery tray to get the (tunnel or tubing) through
my buddy used a grinding wheel(like a dremel) and a marker and it took about 3 minutes...

Where the tunner or tube goes though the fender you should rap it with an old bike tiretube or spray it w/ GREATSTUFF to prevent it from banging
4- it's R-TUNE. That's right people the good ol folks at Nissan consider this great bolt-on a warranty Voider --You've been warned

over all i give it a 4 outta 5 ..
questions comments??? lemme know ...
MediaXcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #2
johnnyd19
AF Newbie

Unhappy

I just bought a Nismo for my '00 Sentra SE and it didn't come w/
instructions. (E-BAY item)
How did you install yours?
johnnyd19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 11:38 PM   #3
collegejoe101
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to collegejoe101 Send a message via MSN to collegejoe101 Send a message via Yahoo to collegejoe101
Re: NISMO INTAKE /knock sensor relocation on 04 specV

I just got an 05 spec-v, and the dealership gave me the nismo intake for free w/ install. It is covered by the warranty, cause they put it in. parts will only void your warranty if they can attribute them to any damage the car suffers. i.e. sucking water up into your engine and locking it up and snapping a rod. Like my friend did in his riced out honda. You won't have to worry about that though, since the nismo cai has a bypass valve.
collegejoe101 is offline   Reply With Quote