Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
yoshimitsuspeed
AF Enthusiast

gas smell or something else bad? Also any seals or any thing to replace with Vc seal

We were driving around in my girlfriends v6 yesterday with the ac cranked, it was probably close to 100 deg outside. We started to smell what I know to be very old bad gas,(you know when you leave your car parked for 2 years, or let your bike sit over the winter with a tank of gas) It smelled awful. I didn't think it was her car, but after it followed us around for a while I took a look under the hood. I checked the fuel lines and injectors and couldn't see any gas and the smell was coming from the passengers side behind the motor, which seems odd since the fuel lines are on the drivers side. I crawled underneath, started it, ran it, and tried to find a leak today, and didn't see or smell anything. I thought I would see if any mx3ers had any bright ideas of what or where the smell could have come from. I mention the ac because she rarely uses it, and hasen't had this happen otherwise, but I don't imagine it's related.
We are also going to replace the valve cover gaskets soon so I thought I would ask if there are any other seals we should replace or other maintenence we should do while we have the intake mani off.
yoshimitsuspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3