Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Fiero
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
wesw02
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to wesw02
1985 not getting fuel

my friend has a 1985 fiero and the engine won't start, the spark plugs are sparkign but it won't start, he thinks its not getting fuel and he has already installed a new fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug cables, carboator, oil filter, and changed the oil, still just sparks won't start, any ideas ?????
wesw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
RedFiero
AF Regular

Re: 1985 not getting fuel

hows about the fuel filter, seems like thats the only thing you've not mentioned. Is the pump actually running....and is there gas in the tank. May sound like I'm being an idiot, but more than once cars have run out of gas and the gauge has shown a reading.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:41 AM   #3
Ragtop_Renegade
AF Enthusiast

Mine runs out at an 1/8 of a tank Sometimes the gauge sending units wear out and do that. You didn't mention if it's a 4 or a 6, but either way a fuel pressure regulator could do it... busted wire to the injector on a 4 could, too. And as already said, crap in the fuel filter and or lines will do it as well.
3Rd gen F body floor pans/camaro door skin (L)

Why is it I see so many "Proud to be an American" bumper stickers on the backs of cars made in Japan or Korea??????
Ragtop_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:33 PM   #4
wesw02
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to wesw02

nope guys he replaced the fuel filter and put gas in the tank, he said that when he upplugged the fuel line (don't know from where) and tried starting it no fuel came out
wesw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
Ragtop_Renegade
AF Enthusiast

Does the fuel pump run when the key is turned to on? If so the supply line is clogged. If not, there's an obvious wiring problem or maybe a defective fuel pump, it happens with new parts once and awile.
3Rd gen F body floor pans/camaro door skin (L)

Why is it I see so many "Proud to be an American" bumper stickers on the backs of cars made in Japan or Korea??????
Ragtop_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Fiero