Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

(update alert!!06/20/06) Racing Game Pre-Production: Need Your Advice, All!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Twizted_3KGT
10-28-2005, 11:52 AM
uhh the GNX isn't a part of the F-body class, its a G-body, still a good choice for the game though.

The F-body class consists of the Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am, and the Chevrolet Camaro. Newer models have been in games, but I have never seen the 1982-1992 generation (3rd).

The top model 3rd gen F-body - the 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am.
http://www.89tta.com/ja_tta.jpg

Specs on it here - http://www.89tta.com/ttaspecs.htm

If nothing else this would have to go in.

What you said about Forza reminded me of one thing I didn't like about it...you can't flip the car. That is a necessity. The game just seemed really fake after I took a jump sideways, started to roll, and it reversed my roll in mid-air.

lostprophets
10-29-2005, 05:28 PM
you should have a more user friendly paint shop like txr3 where you could mouse around and paint your car

gigglesnirt
10-29-2005, 08:07 PM
flipping the car would be nice, and make the possibility of the car being totaled would make you a lot more careful on some parts?

xeroinfinity
10-29-2005, 08:40 PM
this game sounds like it might turn out pretty good. Havnt read all 363 posts,but close. I would like to ad a hell ya to the 'custom paint shop'. Keeps everyones rides looking a little different than the next guy.
A lot of games u guys hav been talking about all hav good points and bad. I've always thought the Grand Turismo line has had the best physics. I havnt played all these newr games, but quite a few. I just bought GT 5, it still has things i would change, but as the saying goes "you cant always get what you want".
To me the most important thing to hav in ANY race sim game is options, like LOTS and Lots of cars, Lots of good bg music too.

gigglesnirt
10-30-2005, 12:13 AM
gt5 isn't out yet btw, and sort of close to that subject it looks like gt5 will most likly have damage when you look at this article i found.
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/564/564826p1.html

xeroinfinity
10-30-2005, 08:50 AM
sorry about that, I did mean GT4, not 5. Dont know wtf i was thinking, maybe i wasnt...

Killing Moon
10-31-2005, 09:28 AM
You guys are right. Each game seems to do some things right but at the same time things equally wrong. It's like that old saying, "1 step forward, 2 steps backward". The problem is that they ALL seem to do this and for the life of me, I've never figured out why other than under the context of laziness and or biases on their own part.

Which is one of, if not THE primary reason as to why we're working on this title; it's all very anger and love driven. A third of the things added to Project R are from common sense, another third are due to the mistakes that everyone KEEPS on making idiotically (like not being able to add forced induction on top of NA upgrades) and the final third are the not so obvious points added by experts (you guys' input).

Xenostalgia
10-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Make it a way that if you can't beat a race and keep coming in 2nd or 3rd or something that eventually you can take a money-loss and keep going with a 'gold' or something. I get very frusterated with some races I just can't do for crap and i dont want to keep playing the game and bam its shelved

Killing Moon
11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Make it a way that if you can't beat a race and keep coming in 2nd or 3rd or something that eventually you can take a money-loss and keep going with a 'gold' or something. I get very frusterated with some races I just can't do for crap and i dont want to keep playing the game and bam its shelved
Not to worry. While there will be progression for placing in 2nd to 4th place, there will still be deductions from your budget. Most of the time it's due to the entry fee for certain races. However, you will still be able to progress, but won't gain the best amount of funding and or will gain sub par equipment as a result.

Then you have to factor in the Static and Progressive GPs that we have planned (conventional and R4 style). There's a lot to it, so don't worry too much! Heh.

bh04
11-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Im up for a game that offers a Cavalier. Third generation 2000-2005. I have yet to see a game with a Cavalier. Lots of people have them and sure they would also like to see and be able to do whatever to a Cavalier in a video game.

bh04
11-01-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure on the list of vehicles. But how about 4x4's with some off roading type races. In the mud and through trees. Like you would see on Spike TV on that "Trucks" show. Big 33" tires on a Jeep Wrangler going through mud. That would be awesome.

Xenostalgia
11-02-2005, 11:32 AM
"Rally Racing" In GT3/4 is fun. Drag races like NFSU is fun too. Having to match shifts right.

Get different tires to react differently. If you get dry-tires and it is a rainy track you slide everywhere etc.

Killing Moon
11-03-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure on the list of vehicles. But how about 4x4's with some off roading type races. In the mud and through trees. Like you would see on Spike TV on that "Trucks" show. Big 33" tires on a Jeep Wrangler going through mud. That would be awesome.
Pick up trucks, yes. But no off-road rally racing of any sort, no huge monster trucks or SUV's either.

That's a completely different monster altogether and as we've seen via GT, it will get half-assed when not a 100% concentrated effort.

bh04
11-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Pick up trucks, yes. But no off-road rally racing of any sort, no huge monster trucks or SUV's either.

That's a completely different monster altogether and as we've seen via GT, it will get half-assed when not a 100% concentrated effort.

Im not talking Rally Racing. Just like doing a little off road. Maybe the idea with the jeep and big tires wasn't right. But having a shortcut to go off the main road and not sure what challenges or what lies ahead. Example...if it is raining and you choose to take the shortcut....offroad.....and the road you are taking is a dirt road, it could have potholes filled with water or some sort like that.

Killing Moon
11-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Well we do have quite a few countryside courses, harkening back to the old NFS days (when the games were actually ambitious for their time). So this is more along the lines of what you mean, I'm guessing.

The mud pot holes are a good idea too, which came up before in the group. Just a small aesthetic that really helps out in the end.

jcsaleen
11-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Hitable traffic cones! :evillol:

Andydg
11-04-2005, 03:52 PM
I haven't read through this thread in a while...but I went back to like page 20 or so and read up. I think the tribute car for Andy would kick ass. Also a quarter mile thing like they have in Forza would be nice, not like in NFSU2...that just kinda sucked after the 2nd time. One last thing...I didn't see it mentioned but some sort of a free roam, like Forza had in the tuning section. After I get bored or pissed off I'll go to that and pick the big oval and whip doughnuts, do burnouts, and crash into the side of the track just to get it out of my system before I race. But I'd like to have a big pretty open area for it.

bh04
11-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I haven't read through this thread in a while...but I went back to like page 20 or so and read up. I think the tribute car for Andy would kick ass. Also a quarter mile thing like they have in Forza would be nice, not like in NFSU2...that just kinda sucked after the 2nd time. One last thing...I didn't see it mentioned but some sort of a free roam, like Forza had in the tuning section. After I get bored or pissed off I'll go to that and pick the big oval and whip doughnuts, do burnouts, and crash into the side of the track just to get it out of my system before I race. But I'd like to have a big pretty open area for it.

I agree with the tribute car. Oh and the burnout idea is awesome. Have it to where you can be sitting at a dead stop and going through the gears while burning rubber. ANd if done for a long time the tires will blow or loose tread. But I also agree with the bored an pissed off deal Andy said.....doing that does make a game more fun.

jcsaleen
11-06-2005, 12:20 AM
For wandering and burnout sections we should just make parking lots, after all it is free roaming. The ultimate meet up spot. The two converging points in the famous wangan expressway.

speedthrill
11-06-2005, 07:56 AM
BMW so far:
1. ’05 330i
2. ’87 325i E30
3. ’95 325i E36
4. ’03 325i E46 Compact
5. ’91 318i E30 Two Door Sedan
6. ’03 525i
7. ’95 525i
8. ’86 525i
9. ’76 635 CSi
10. ’88 M3 Evolution II
11. ’94 850 Csi
12. ’99 M-Coupe
13. ’99 Z07 Concept
14. ’99 Z9 Concept
15. ’05 M3 Competition
16. ’03 M3 CSL
17. ’05 M6
18. ’05 M5
19. ’06 760Li
20. ’03 Z4 3.0i
21. ’02 M3 GTR Strasse
22. ’01 M3 GTR
23. ’99 V12 LMR
24. ’06 M3

Ok , first of all woww..... :smokin: :sunglasse
Finally one game designer that finds this forum!

Second Sorry but i didn't read all the pages, going to try it though

Third, :mad: you forgot the '02 320d E46
:eek: :p

It's just that if you do this engine swap stuff i recommend alot of not so fast vehicles to be put in the game also. My car (the 320d) is one of those :naughty: . This makes such a game much more fun.
Imagine a fiat punto fe. tearing up humongous rubber with an awesome sound and acceleration.... :iceslolan

Killing Moon
11-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I agree with the tribute car. Oh and the burnout idea is awesome. Have it to where you can be sitting at a dead stop and going through the gears while burning rubber. ANd if done for a long time the tires will blow or loose tread. But I also agree with the bored an pissed off deal Andy said.....doing that does make a game more fun.

Heheh, don't worry about the burnouts. Can you say, "enveloping volumetric fog"? It's what we have planned for all of the smoke effects within the game. No more flat-shaded, poly smoke effects.

For wandering and burnout sections we should just make parking lots, after all it is free roaming. The ultimate meet up spot. The two converging points in the famous wangan expressway.

Now why is this sick?
I just finished viewing the Option International DVD that came in the latest issue of Super Street and was wondering the same damned thing. Dude, I hate you. LOL

Killing Moon
11-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Ok , first of all woww..... :smokin: :sunglasse
Finally one game designer that finds this forum!

Second Sorry but i didn't read all the pages, going to try it though

Third, :mad: you forgot the '02 320d E46
:eek: :p

It's just that if you do this engine swap stuff i recommend alot of not so fast vehicles to be put in the game also. My car (the 320d) is one of those :naughty: . This makes such a game much more fun.
Imagine a fiat punto fe. tearing up humongous rubber with an awesome sound and acceleration.... :iceslolan

Yah, I meant to ask about the differences between the "d" and "i" series for BMW. Is it simply scalability for the consumer at the showroom or are there really significant differences at hand here?

bh04
11-07-2005, 03:53 PM
How about having working wipers when you are on a dirt road following someone. And your windshield gets dirty you have wipers and washer fluid to clean the windows off?

I'm sitting in class and listening to the teach ramble on and just out of the blue that idea came to mind. I seriously have no idea how or why?

Killing Moon
11-08-2005, 09:41 AM
How about having working wipers when you are on a dirt road following someone. And your windshield gets dirty you have wipers and washer fluid to clean the windows off?

I'm sitting in class and listening to the teach ramble on and just out of the blue that idea came to mind. I seriously have no idea how or why?

LOL, well windshield wipers are just one of the smaller graphical aesthetics that I've added to the script. Colin McRae 3 had 'em too and I loved it, so I definitely included it awhile bad.

Sleepr awd
11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
ok...so like...yeah WOW for this game and just for my 2 cents

you CANNOT forget mitsubishi, i don't kno if its been mentioned yet but the 3g should be in there, though however underqualified it is for this game. ALSO all of the Lancer Evolution models including 1-10 and teh Tommy Makinen versions available in JAPAN,

so:
*Evo 1
*Evo2
*Evo3
*Evo4
*Evo5
*Evo 6
*Evo 6 Tommy Makinen
*Evo 7
*Evo 8, w/ dif. models like in the US RS, MR and standar
*Evo 9, ""
*Evo 10""
*2003 Eclipse GT, GTS, and GS dif front bumper and cosmetic changes-- if you can't find the specs for a turbo system go to www.Tearstone.com (http://www.Tearstone.com) and for supercharger...erg... www.rippmods.com (http://www.rippmods.com)

*2000 Eclipse "fed spec"--do not make a GTS model of this it doesn't exist
*1997 Eclipse GSX, GS-T
*1995 Eclipse GSX, GS-T
*1991 Eclipse GSX, GS-T<<not susceptible
*1993 Eclipse GSX, GS-T << for these look up which models are susceptible to "crankwalk" and have that be able to happen in the game w/ over-use or mis-use of the car, AND also for these in GT2 at least, the car was said a 1997 but it was actually a '96 model
*Spyder Models of the later model Eclipse cars

*Mitsubishi Mirage 1.5 l turbo << have available for a 4g63t swap*
*Mitsubishi Mirage N/T's
*Mitsubishi Galant, including the VR-4, GSX, 2.4l equipped, 3.8l equipped models
* 2006 Eclipse GT's
* 2007-8? Ralliart Eclipse

For turbo charged cars, don't forget to have dif. things break when they are raising the boost

Also my friend would like to add his car to it:
*1987 Buick Regal T-Type, a lighter version of the GNX i think

and oddities
*Dodge Omni GLH-S
*Dodge Omni
*Dodge Shelby Charger
*Dodge Caravan 2.5l Turbo
*Other various dodge's from those generations w/ the ability to swap the dif. motors around

*ford probe GT '95
*Ford probe GT-S
*ford probe GT turbo
*5.0l Mustang

ALSO for a suggestion have the ability to choose tire/wheel size as well as brand, the ability to bend rims, and blow up tires

^JDM swaps as opposed to USDM swaps , jdm w/ more power
^ability to choose the size of piping on exhaust and intake
^allow for boost spike in mis-matched or prone systems
^ it would be cool to allow for the choosing of the size of each turbo ie. mitsu 16g, T3/T4 hybrids, T72, etc.
^adjustable gas pedal, so you don't have to go wot on any race if you don't want to, ultimate sleeper
^don't reveal the specs of each car to other drivers on the game or the grade of each car for example...Mitsubishi Eclipse w/o saying GS-T or GS-X, or don't allow for others to see the type of car or modifications performed
^stay away from "stages" free-modding, car speifically would be the best to keep from people buying different cars and just staging them out, as opposed to taking thetime and performing the appropriate mods

Killing Moon
11-09-2005, 04:12 PM
^stay away from "stages" free-modding, car speifically would be the best to keep from people buying different cars and just staging them out, as opposed to taking thetime and performing the appropriate mods
This really caught my attention. I've always referred to each turbo as stages, but I'm also always seeing multiple types of sizes, ratios, etc. My main question is, what are the literal grades of Turbochargers from weakest to strongest? I really need this specific information.

Also, if anyone can, the same detailed descriptions of Superchargers as well.

Honestly, I really would like to be more specific when describing the forced induction for the players of the game. Much more specific and accurate than Stage 1, 2, etc.

Sleepr awd
11-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Wow, a tribute car?! I wouldn't mind doing that in the least, dude. Do you have any information on this guy and his car that I can reference from? That would be GREATLY appreciated, dude.

uhmm i'd totally try to get quotes from the board or maybe contact some of his racing fans and friends and have him even be a player in the game, like a main character, like brooke burke is in NFSU2.
have him be the game "authority" or father figure like he was here at AF

if you need, my friend has a Galant VR-4 w/ a 2.5 cat back for sound if your interested, stock, they should sound the same as any other dsm though, and i've got the car you see in the sig, and my other friend has a regal t-type if your interested in those sound clips, we've got some other decent cars over here so its not all we have

As for the stages of turbos:
There are different turbo manufacturers that make different turbos:
Mitsubishi has turbos listed from 9b - 20g and maybe even bigger, the stock 1g Eclipse Turbo comes w/ a 14b, and the Stealth RT TT and 3kgt TT come w/ twin 11b's or something along those lines, basically the bigger the number the bigger the size of the turbo.

T-Series turbos
Garrett makes turbos that have T's infront of a number designation, for my SAE formula car team we have a t-12 and t-15 turbo sitting in there for a .6l motorcycle motor, the 2g dsm w/ 2.0 comes w/ a t-25 turbo and supras that run 9's can be equipped w/ a t-72 turbo (awesome video clip) hence the number is directly related to the size

Turbonetics makes turbos w/ diff. designations i'm not sure of, so those would have to be looked up

anybody correct me if i'm wrong on the garrett or turbonetics parts

also if its not too much trouble, i'd like to go ahead and claim my online name for this system, as i think everyone here that contributed should be able to

as for cars you still need to add, i didn't see the S13 240sx 1989-1993, that would be a good one to add as well as the appropriate engine swaps

Killing Moon
11-10-2005, 11:47 AM
uhmm i'd totally try to get quotes from the board or maybe contact some of his racing fans and friends and have him even be a player in the game, like a main character, like brooke burke is in NFSU2.
have him be the game "authority" or father figure like he was here at AF

if you need, my friend has a Galant VR-4 w/ a 2.5 cat back for sound if your interested, stock, they should sound the same as any other dsm though, and i've got the car you see in the sig, and my other friend has a regal t-type if your interested in those sound clips, we've got some other decent cars over here so its not all we have

As for the stages of turbos:
There are different turbo manufacturers that make different turbos:
Mitsubishi has turbos listed from 9b - 20g and maybe even bigger, the stock 1g Eclipse Turbo comes w/ a 14b, and the Stealth RT TT and 3kgt TT come w/ twin 11b's or something along those lines, basically the bigger the number the bigger the size of the turbo.

T-Series turbos
Garrett makes turbos that have T's infront of a number designation, for my SAE formula car team we have a t-12 and t-15 turbo sitting in there for a .6l motorcycle motor, the 2g dsm w/ 2.0 comes w/ a t-25 turbo and supras that run 9's can be equipped w/ a t-72 turbo (awesome video clip) hence the number is directly related to the size

Turbonetics makes turbos w/ diff. designations i'm not sure of, so those would have to be looked up

anybody correct me if i'm wrong on the garrett or turbonetics parts

also if its not too much trouble, i'd like to go ahead and claim my online name for this system, as i think everyone here that contributed should be able to

as for cars you still need to add, i didn't see the S13 240sx 1989-1993, that would be a good one to add as well as the appropriate engine swaps

....okay, I'm still a bit confused :screwy:

Sleepr awd
11-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Sorry random things fire in my head and i try to put it in a logical nonsense order, but it doesn't work well.

maybe this will help some, i just searched real quick w/ msn and this is what i got

http://www.turbocalculator.com/sale-resources.html

Killing Moon
11-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Sorry random things fire in my head and i try to put it in a logical nonsense order, but it doesn't work well.

maybe this will help some, i just searched real quick w/ msn and this is what i got

http://www.turbocalculator.com/sale-resources.html
Okay, I'll check this out.

bh04
11-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Something lame but how about sound systems that when they're really massive, give a vibration feeling and look on the screen. And you have the option to turn it down or off. ANd if installed in the car, it adds weight to the car as well.

elementskater15
11-15-2005, 08:43 AM
something else...it'd be cool if we could create custom graphics and such for our cars. You could use a USB cable (if the PS3 supports it) to transfer a 2d image of your vehicle to your comp. Then, you could use photo editing software, like photo shop, to do you own graphics and paint. This would be cool if we could put together teams on an online mode or something, that way we'd all have distinguished(sp?) symbols and such. I like the stereo thing the guy above said, but dont really see it having a point. But then again, folks may not see a point in this either. Killing Moon, eventually you'll have to tell us to shut up. We video game nerds are just gonna keep coming up with more and more crap...haha

bh04
11-15-2005, 05:04 PM
I just think the stereo equipment would be an added feature. Because this game will target mostly teenagers, and most teenagers.....MOST.....have subs and what not in there vehicle.

elementskater15
11-15-2005, 06:59 PM
You're right...I'm 16, want this game, and have 1200watts of thunder in the hatch...HA!

Sleepr awd
11-16-2005, 10:34 AM
ugh, yeah put stereo equipment in the game, but make the car suffer a LOT for having it, that would make it funny for all us tuners to pass up the ricers

Killing Moon
11-16-2005, 12:57 PM
something else...it'd be cool if we could create custom graphics and such for our cars. You could use a USB cable (if the PS3 supports it) to transfer a 2d image of your vehicle to your comp. Then, you could use photo editing software, like photo shop, to do you own graphics and paint. This would be cool if we could put together teams on an online mode or something, that way we'd all have distinguished(sp?) symbols and such. I like the stereo thing the guy above said, but dont really see it having a point. But then again, folks may not see a point in this either. Killing Moon, eventually you'll have to tell us to shut up. We video game nerds are just gonna keep coming up with more and more crap...haha

Already have that covered...don't worry, I thought about that about a year ago. And it's no stress. The more replies, the better the game gets polished.

I told everyone before, I'm in this to do this right or don't do it at all.

Funny about the stereo equipment though.

elementskater15
11-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Okay, since your open to all requests, suggestions, and questions...bah, i got nothin'. One thing i was wondering about...in recent racing games no matter how much power you have, your front wheels stay on the groud. I was thinking that if you are running over 1000hp and gun it out of a corner, those wheels wont be on the pavement anymore(granted you have enough traction). Not to mention, seeing a blown muscle car carrying the front tires about three feet off the ground is just cool. :) Speaking of which, will we be able to see the blowers an cars using 6-71 and up roots style superchargers? Just something GT4 got me wondering about.

planet_keeper
11-16-2005, 11:54 PM
this is gonna sound a little dumb, but have a track that is just a huge, flat open square with nothing on it so that you can just mess around getting stupidly big drifts or top out your ME four-twelve or or other stuff like that that you wouldnt normally be able to do. having a map based on a gently curving freeway would be pretty cool too.

bh04
11-17-2005, 12:16 AM
ugh, yeah put stereo equipment in the game, but make the car suffer a LOT for having it, that would make it funny for all us tuners to pass up the ricers

Exactly what I was going for. Have good brands too like Eclipse, Alpine, JL Audio, Diamond Audio. No such ones like concept or pyle or crap like that.

Killing Moon
11-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Okay, since your open to all requests, suggestions, and questions...bah, i got nothin'. One thing i was wondering about...in recent racing games no matter how much power you have, your front wheels stay on the groud. I was thinking that if you are running over 1000hp and gun it out of a corner, those wheels wont be on the pavement anymore(granted you have enough traction). Not to mention, seeing a blown muscle car carrying the front tires about three feet off the ground is just cool. :) Speaking of which, will we be able to see the blowers an cars using 6-71 and up roots style superchargers? Just something GT4 got me wondering about.

I've had that in mind as well; for high torque vehicles especially when applicable. It seems that no simulation really does this at all. I've seen plenty of drag races where this factor was either minimal or great depending on the car, so it does have to play a factor in it.

Also, we do have the option for blower-superchargers within the game via cars that can handle it (usually Amer. muscle). This would get into the "hood modification" aspect of the game as well, but I don't wanna give that away right now.
:evillol:

this is gonna sound a little dumb, but have a track that is just a huge, flat open square with nothing on it so that you can just mess around getting stupidly big drifts or top out your ME four-twelve or or other stuff like that that you wouldnt normally be able to do. having a map based on a gently curving freeway would be pretty cool too.
Doesn't sound stupid at all, really. We already have a couple of courses in the game specialized for open drifting, but one of them for top speed testing is another treat.

Utah Salt Flats.

Sleepr awd
11-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Doesn't sound stupid at all, really. We already have a couple of courses in the game specialized for open drifting, but one of them for top speed testing is another treat.

Utah Salt Flats.

w/ the ability to put cones down !!! like open tarmac, then open desert too but you can put cones down to perfect techniques like cornering in exactly what you want to practice! that would rock

updated car list?? i really wanna see the S13 240sx on there!

Killing Moon
11-18-2005, 02:53 AM
w/ the ability to put cones down !!! like open tarmac, then open desert too but you can put cones down to perfect techniques like cornering in exactly what you want to practice! that would rock

updated car list?? i really wanna see the S13 240sx on there!
That'd be very simple to do. It could be accomplished via the map screen which is already setup in the script for the "coach mode".

Really good idea though!!

I'm working on the list now; having some technical difficulties with the GDS for the past few days.

Sleepr awd
11-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Really good idea though!!

oh...i kno :naughty:

bh04
11-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Have it so cops chase too. I like it when they chase us. And if our cars are really "suped" up, they have a very hard time keeping up with us. Have road blocks and spike strips. I have always wanted a game with that stuff in it. Not like NFS Hot Pursuit, that was so stupid.

elementskater15
11-19-2005, 08:58 PM
cops would be cool. Have it realistic, like they'd have Crown Vics, suburbans, etc. And i agree, having cops that you can outrun with enough hop ups would be the shiznit. Games like NFS:HP screwed up on this because there's cop cars like diablos and such

bh04
11-20-2005, 02:26 AM
cops would be cool. Have it realistic, like they'd have Crown Vics, suburbans, etc. And i agree, having cops that you can outrun with enough hop ups would be the shiznit. Games like NFS:HP screwed up on this because there's cop cars like diablos and such

The cops would be able to have a few fast cars. I'm not sure what country it is, but they have a few lambos as cop cars....actually Polizia cars. In my town, the cops have suped up like 2000+ year Impalas...They are hella fast. Some of our Sheriffs have newer Camaros as well with Viper engines in them.

jcsaleen
11-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Another imput..

Very Important!

What if we could modify thw driver! Such as shifting (clutching) reaction time etc. Earn experience points or something. Kind of like tony hawks pro skater or NFl street.

IMPORTANT! Played need for speed most wanted! It's such a dissappointment :shakehead: Graphics are crappy the powersliding sucks and grip and track hold SUCKS! No skyline either :rolleyes: + it's all rice shit too

beef_bourito
11-20-2005, 06:26 PM
there better not be an option for roof scoops, the queerest thing ever. the visuals should be tasteful, body kit, hoods, FUNCTIONAL spoilers, kinda like forza. also a wide range of colors and personalised graphics. nfs was the worst ricer game i've played. p.s. if there are people that talk in this, make them not as retarded as nfs, good ones would be good but from i've been seeing from games of late that might be a little too much to expect.

elementskater15
11-20-2005, 09:41 PM
there better not be an option for roof scoops, the queerest thing ever. the visuals should be tasteful, body kit, hoods, FUNCTIONAL spoilers, kinda like forza. also a wide range of colors and personalised graphics. nfs was the worst ricer game i've played. p.s. if there are people that talk in this, make them not as retarded as nfs, good ones would be good but from i've been seeing from games of late that might be a little too much to expect.

Oh my God. enough with "ricer game" bs. The game itself isnt rice. Even if the person playing it makes a "ricey" car, its their's and it shouldnt matter to anyone but them. If someone wants a roof scoop, then by all means give them the dammed thing. Its all based on personal preference, not majority opinion, on whether your car looks good or not. Some may say the people talking in the game is what made it "rice." If the game was based around people talking they would've done a better job with the voice actors. Its a racing game (and its a best seller for a reason). People are trying to compare games like GT4 and NFSU:2. They are different games aimed at different crowds. Now, please. Everyone shut up with all this "ricer" bs. Personally, i think every body kit, scoop, hood, or whatever the hell else people want should be in this game and it shouldn't be up to anyone but them if it looks "ricey." Later...please dont turn this good thread into a flame war. If you have something you want to say, pm me or look me up om AIM.

bh04
11-20-2005, 11:21 PM
This is just kind of a dumb idea. But being able to buy those stupid performance parts on ebay. Like the mufflers and stuff like that. The coilover springs to and if they are installed on vehicles and are driven to hard on, they will blow and your ride will not ride well. Hah!

Ok that was very stupid. But hey, it was an idea. Basically have cheaper parts rather than all high end stuff.

Andydg
11-21-2005, 12:10 AM
But hey, it was an idea. Basically have cheaper parts rather than all high end stuff.

That's a good idea...brand name performance parts and the high quality the better the performance and the longer it will last/more reliable.

Sleepr awd
11-21-2005, 11:47 AM
i'm thinking that if he set up races like they have in japan w/ cars w/ functional roof scoops, wings, ground effects would rock even more

those guys have a section of high way the race on and go in excess of 170mph

^^ that would freaking rock for a section in there like that

as teh game progresses, you could add in different regions w/ different road types, Japan would have mountains and city regions << drifting and racing situations like the above, europe would have narrow roads, historic cities and plenty of rural areas<< more rally kinda stuff, US would have soccer mom's driving their SUV's all crazy over the interstate and kentucky backroads << more drag racing

Killing Moon
11-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Wow, alotta' input. Good, cause I missed you guys.

As far as pursuit modes, we do have that within the script, among other things involved within it. There were plenty of great concepts involved in NFS: HP2 (PS2), especially their methods of stopping you. I dunno what the hell went wrong w/ Most Wanted, but this IS EA, so....err...

We did take a couple of liberties with the "jakes" on this mode, but it's for sheer fun value alone. We do want to keep it realistic (no choppers dropping death chargers, but that was great back then), but fast-paced and exciting at the same time.

Roof scoops- we went through that one already. Roof scoops are reserved for mid-engine vehicles, as they're the external intake for the engine itself (same as they are for front-engine hood vents). There will also be mild hp increases due to these external modifications from extra cooling.

As far as environments go, we do have plenty of international ones. From Hawaii road courses and drag strips, Japan Touge mountains and even areas within the Phillipines (why no one has taken advantage of the POPULAR tuner market in this country is beyond me).

So not to worry on that note...

Damn I love this site. lol; I know I've said it dozens of times already, but I really have to send it again.

bh04
11-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Communication b/t racers? Don't think that has been discussed yet. NFSU2 had a GPS and used cingular as communication. Cingular doesn't have much coverage area. Since you will be using real places for roads and that, make sure the communication is suitable for that area. And if you go over seas to Japan, the communication will be different, therefore we will need a new form of communication. And will also have to gain respect for racing in Japan instead of going from USA to Japan and having everyone you race over in Japan know you already.

Killing Moon
11-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Communication b/t racers? Don't think that has been discussed yet. NFSU2 had a GPS and used cingular as communication. Cingular doesn't have much coverage area. Since you will be using real places for roads and that, make sure the communication is suitable for that area. And if you go over seas to Japan, the communication will be different, therefore we will need a new form of communication. And will also have to gain respect for racing in Japan instead of going from USA to Japan and having everyone you race over in Japan know you already.
Well, the way that we have it planned, it's all ethic relative.

See, according to how you make your character, you may be more or less familiar w/ a territory according to the language spoken.

So for instance, if you make your character of Philpino ethnicity, he/she will be able to understand the language when you're within those courses. Which will be expressed in subtitles on screen, which is also relative to the default language and region set when the game initially begins with a fresh start-up save.

Also, you'll be able to hear the other racers via radio com-link; same as the Coach (if in a motosport function).

I really didn't want to have the user go through the motions of changing communication types, as it will be just a TAD bit tedious down the line. The language barrier is already enough to deal with. :evillol: :sly:

bh04
11-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Good idea.

Killing Moon
11-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Another imput..

Very Important!

What if we could modify thw driver! Such as shifting (clutching) reaction time etc. Earn experience points or something. Kind of like tony hawks pro skater or NFl street.

IMPORTANT! Played need for speed most wanted! It's such a dissappointment :shakehead: Graphics are crappy the powersliding sucks and grip and track hold SUCKS! No skyline either :rolleyes: + it's all rice shit too
Wow, I just saw this post (sorry, man). I had some ample time w/ the game, but yeah, there's no Skyline. Which makes no sense, because they have a Supra, it's rival.

The game is pretty *meh*, but I've played worse. TOCA 3 is probably the only racing title that I'm actually waiting for right now. Also, give Ford vs. Chevy a try. It's not too bad at all.

2JZAsupra
11-28-2005, 07:57 PM
u should put every civic ever made in there and let us put massive 19' non-functional wings and 43" rims and 3 foot wide exhausts's so we can feel like were in the middle of new york and let us put neons on our cars and massive stereo systems that in real life would break the windows and drain the car battery....

the only part i honestly meant there was the neons... gotta have neons..... they make everything look cooler.

bh04
11-30-2005, 12:44 AM
u should put every civic ever made in there and let us put massive 19' non-functional wings and 43" rims and 3 foot wide exhausts's so we can feel like were in the middle of new york and let us put neons on our cars and massive stereo systems that in real life would break the windows and drain the car battery....

the only part i honestly meant there was the neons... gotta have neons..... they make everything look cooler.

I like the idea of the 43" rims........

Hah! j/p

2JZAsupra
12-01-2005, 07:16 PM
lol..... seriously neons wouldnt be bad in this game tho.

Add your comment to this topic!