Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The Luxury of Rolls and Bentley

Pages : [1] 2

fahoumh
10-05-2001, 09:34 PM
Edit by jay@af: Split from this (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8329) thread.

For the record: NOTHING competes with Bentley and Rolls Royce

gang$tarr
10-05-2001, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by fahoumh
BMW has a X5 4.6i....it's a lot more expensive than the 4.4i

and for the record: NOTHING competes with Bentley and Rolls Royce

the S600 comes damn close..... and the maybach soon will

fahoumh
10-06-2001, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by gang$tarr

the S600 comes damn close..... and the maybach soon will

Do you have any idea how much Bentley's and Rolls cost? The cheapest Bentley is $310,000 and the cheapest Rolls is $335,000! Granted the S600 and the SL600 are both nice cars, but they don't even come close in luxury, comfort, amenities and not to mention price.....about $170,000 each. I saw an old 1989 Rolls Royce conv. two years ago at a dealership and I think it's a LOT nicer than any of the Benz's I've seen on the road....and before you say "well, you haven't seen an S600", I HAVE. I saw one at the same dealership in April....and an S55 AMG in July.

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 01:49 PM
if you were ever inside an S600 you'd know that there is about as much luxury as a Rolls or Bentley. Rolls & Bentley are just more exclusive and they cost more. Tell me some things that a Rolls has that an S600 doesn't.............. you know just because a car costs more, it doesn't mean it's better

fahoumh
10-06-2001, 02:55 PM
if you were ever inside an S600 you'd know that there is about as much luxury as a Rolls or Bentley.

are you calling me a liar?:mad:

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 03:01 PM
no.... just tell me a couple things that a rolls has, that an S600 doesn't

fahoumh
10-06-2001, 03:11 PM
acres of wood laid in by hand, the best leather available to the automotive market in 23 colour choices, the prestige of owning a Bentley or Rolls, remote control for the rear passengers to control audio system....the list goes on

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 03:53 PM
remote control for the rear passengers to control audio system....the list goes on

shitty minivans have that too... are they better than an S600?

I was just comparing the Rolls-Royce silver Seraph ( $214,500 ) to the Mercedes-Benz S600 ( $115,000 ) I don't know where you came up with $335,000. There's a 100k difference, the Mercedes has more luxury features and more power.
Does Rolls-Royce have a keyless go system? Where you don't use a key, you can just touch the door handle and it unlocks? and you start the car that way too

i think the only thing Rolls-Royce has is that it's more exclusive.... if i had the money I'd buy one over an S600, but i'm not gunna lie and say that it's better than the S600

fahoumh
10-06-2001, 04:06 PM
hey, little boy.....those are AMERICAN PRICES

the Bentley Azure is $334,000 US!

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 04:13 PM
hey, little boy.....those are AMERICAN PRICES

the Bentley Azure is $334,000 US!

what's your point? and a Bentley Arnage (Green Label) is $198,400.... what does that have to do with anything?

compare the S600 to a Rolls Silver Seraph or a Bentley Arnage.... the S600 has more features

and why are you callin me little boy, it's not like you know more than me.... what other prices do you want me to give you? Australian, UK?

moe182
10-06-2001, 04:19 PM
ok, my dad HAS a 2000 S500 and though i LOVE that car, im telling you right now when it comes to pure lux the benz just doesnt come close. My biggest beef with the new generation S is the plastic dash...which you would NOT find in Bent or Rolls....the last generation S would have a better chance in this comparison, because Mercedes designed it almost entirly towards lux whereas now benz is moving more towards sport-lux and it reflects it both within the interior/exterior styling and the more importantly the ride. If your comparing the two for pure lux, the benz has NO chance.... Its like comparing the SL500 to a Ferarri for which one is a sportier car. Its just no contest.......

fahoumh
10-06-2001, 04:20 PM
NEWSFLASH: you live in CANADA

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by moe182
ok, my dad HAS a 2000 S500 and though i LOVE that car, im telling you right now when it comes to pure lux the benz just doesnt come close. My biggest beef with the new generation S is the plastic dash...which you would NOT find in Bent or Rolls....the last generation S would have a better chance in this comparison, because Mercedes designed it almost entirly towards lux whereas now benz is moving more towards sport-lux and it reflects it both within the interior/exterior styling and the more importantly the ride. If your comparing the two for pure lux, the benz has NO chance.... Its like comparing the SL500 to a Ferarri for which one is a sportier car. Its just no contest.......

Have you ever been in an S600? The S500 doesn't compare to an S600. The S600 was meant to be super luxury, near Rolls-Royce luxury

and fahoumh

NEWSFLASH: you haven't given any information that would prove a Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph is much better than an S600

i give U.S. prices because most people on here are U.S. and most people use U.S. prices in comparisons

The S600 has in car internet access... does the Silver Seraph?

fahoumh
10-06-2001, 05:10 PM
http://www.rollsroycemotorcars.co.uk/rolls-royce/index.html

http://www.bentleymotors.co.uk/bentley/index.htm

Bentley and Rolls are the epitomy of luxury. Period.

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 05:18 PM
http://www.rollsroycemotorcars.co.uk/rolls-royce/index.html

http://www.bentleymotors.co.uk/bentley/index.htm

Bentley and Rolls are the epitomy of luxury. Period.

okay that's great, so there are no features that the Silver Seraph has that the S600 doesn't.... The S600 is as good if not better than the Silver Seraph. Period. :flipa:
The only major difference is price.... Ofcourse I'd rather have the rolls, but like i said, i'm not gunna lie and say it's better

S600 0-60mph: 5.4s Silver Seraph 0-60mph: 7.0s

Here's 1 of many features that are better on an S600: The Silver Seraph has Dual Zone climate control. The S600 has Quad Zone climate control. So every seat in the car car can be at whatever temperature the person likes

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 05:27 PM
IMO the S600 has more luxury features, better performance. The only major difference is the Silver Seraph costs a 100k more
If I had the money I would rather buy the Rolls, but I'm not going to lie and say that it's better than the S600

S600 0-60mph: 5.4 ... Silver Seraph 0-60mph: 7.0s

anybody care to :argue:

fahoumh
10-06-2001, 05:37 PM
You know what? I'm tired of arguing with you.....trying to convince you that Bentley and Rolls are better than the S600 is like trying to pull a battleship ashore with a Geo. But then again, what would I expect from an no-class ignoramus? You have no concept of what true luxury is.

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 05:45 PM
You know what? I'm tired of arguing with you.....trying to convince you that Bentley and Rolls are better than the S600 is like trying to pull a battleship ashore with a Geo. But then again, what would I expect from an no-class ignoramus? You have no concept of what true luxury is.

omg, you're an idiot. You're the one with no class. You haven't said anything that would say the Rolls is better. All you say is, oh the rolls-royce is better, period. Maybe if you showed your intelligence, and actually posted something important, that would prove the rolls is better.

like honestly you didn't give any examples of any features that the Silver Seraph has, that the S600 doesn't. While I gave lots of examples of features that the S600 has that the Silver Seraph doesn't.

Upper Beechwood, Waterloo has way more class than ghetto kitchener

I win :flipa:

Morpheus XIII
10-06-2001, 09:12 PM
No more insults, this is a final warning.

Aren't all Bentleys and Rolls Royces hand-made, while S-classes are not? If so, this could provide a reason for the exceptionally high cost. But that's not to say that the british cars are overpriced; being hand-built does provide a heavy aspect of exclusivity--it's like comparing two identical multi-million dollar homes, one located on a cliff over-looking the sea, and one in the middle of the desert. The house with the view is obviously going to cost way more, even though both are technically identical within. In other words, you get what you pay for, which is an elite stature.

However, I would still take the S600 or CL600 (Benz's REAL flagship) simply because I happen to like sleepers, and the top of the line Mercedes cars just happen to be that. Furthermore, the Rolls and Bentleys are notoriously unreliable (well what do you expect, they're british machines), but then again, if I could afford one of 'em, why would I care about upkeep cost? ;)

Recent news has it that the Mercedes Maybach limousine is ready to be produced. Yeah, it's not a driver's car, but we ARE talking about true top-of-the-line luxury, right? For more info about the Maybach, select this thread (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t5118-1.html).

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
Furthermore, the Rolls and Bentleys are notoriously unreliable (well what do you expect, they're british machines),

I thought they were really reliable?! Didn't the first one go to like 500,000 km or miles?

I read stories somewhere that said Rolls-Royce never brakes :)
those were like myths though

Racer 20
10-07-2001, 12:44 AM
For lux I would go Bently (what else?). BUt in reality I would go BRABUS! :devil: hehe

Chris
10-07-2001, 10:48 AM
Bentley Continental T Mulliner: All 679lb-ft are mine!!!!

gang$tarr
10-07-2001, 06:17 PM
I was just comparing a Mercedes S600 vs. a Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph
don't get fooled by the name and the price.... just concentrate on the features of each car... which one do you guys think is better? (try and ignore the price, and exclusivity ( <-- is that a word? :D ) of the Rolls-Royce

moe182
10-08-2001, 12:27 PM
I was just comparing a Mercedes S600 vs. a Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph
don't get fooled by the name and the price.... just concentrate on the features of each car... which one do you guys think is better? (try and ignore the price, and exclusivity ( <-- is that a word? :D ) of the Rolls-Royce

Why would you just concentrate of the features of each car? Its a car, not a toy. I mean a Ferarri F50 has NO features, no stereo, no A/C, no power windows, does that make it a bad car?....you're comparing the cars as a whole not what toys they have. I mean Caddys have night vison and the S600 doesnt, so it must be a better car...right? Anyways back to the debate....if you're comparing the two as lux cars. The Rolls wins, hands down. The suspension on the S600 is tuned a lil too stiff to compete with the Rolls as a true lux car. Benz is moving there focus from pure lux to where bmw is, which is more sport-lux.......

gang$tarr
10-08-2001, 01:18 PM

Why would you just concentrate of the features of each car? Its a car, not a toy. I mean a Ferarri F50 has NO features, no stereo, no A/C, no power windows, does that make it a bad car?....you're comparing the cars as a whole not what toys they have. I mean Caddys have night vison and the S600 doesnt, so it must be a better car...right? Anyways back to the debate....if you're comparing the two as lux cars. The Rolls wins, hands down. The suspension on the S600 is tuned a lil too stiff to compete with the Rolls as a true lux car. Benz is moving there focus from pure lux to where bmw is, which is more sport-lux.......

it's a luxury car! the features are what makes it a luxury car, so that's why we're concentrating on them. The F50 has nothing to do with it, it's a supercar... not a luxury car, so it doesn't matter what features it has. The caddy has 1 feature that the S600 doesn't, that doesn't make it a better car since the S600 has all the other features improved on.... so it doesn't even compare.
The least you could do is give a couple reasons why the Rolls wins hands down..... since the S600 is totally geared towards luxury not being very sporty. Have you ever driven an S600? how would you know that that it's alot stiffer than a Silver Seraph? I've read reviews of the Rolls being geared a little sportier because the suspension was waaay too soft in the previous generations. Yes Mercedes is moving to more sporty, but not every model in their line up is.... like i said the S600 was made for pure luxury (but it also has to have lots of power, to justify the price)

moe182
10-08-2001, 02:23 PM

it's a luxury car! the features are what makes it a luxury car, so that's why we're concentrating on them. The F50 has nothing to do with it, it's a supercar... not a luxury car, so it doesn't matter what features it has. The caddy has 1 feature that the S600 doesn't, that doesn't make it a better car since the S600 has all the other features improved on.... so it doesn't even compare.
The least you could do is give a couple reasons why the Rolls wins hands down..... since the S600 is totally geared towards luxury not being very sporty. Have you ever driven an S600? how would you know that that it's alot stiffer than a Silver Seraph? I've read reviews of the Rolls being geared a little sportier because the suspension was waaay too soft in the previous generations. Yes Mercedes is moving to more sporty, but not every model in their line up is.... like i said the S600 was made for pure luxury (but it also has to have lots of power, to justify the price)

Heres a quote for you from the Road and Track buyers guide (Jan 2001) about the Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph "There are 27 choices of body color, or simply specify your personal favorite. Regardless of hue, it will be finished with up to 10 hours of final polishing. Inside is where you want to be, cushioned in an interior this is not so much chosen from a catalog as commissioned to match you personal tastes. The sculpted and beautifully cushioned seats are finished in the finest leathers. Take your shoes off and run your toes accross the lambs-wool foot rugs. Play your fingers along the glass-smooth finish of the highly polished wood-veneer paneling. Not the magazine pockets and fold-down picnic tables in the back seat. And because we live in a modern world, check out the wide-screen satelite navigation system." heres some more...... "...thanks to an independent suspension with such modern computerized driving aids as Automatic Ride Control, and Automatic Stability Control, the latter monitoring various inputs and electronically modulating engine torque, the gearbox and the ABS to tone down overzealous driving." Im telling you right now that no benz has lambs-wool carpet, and no custom paint/interior, and it does NOT go through 10 hours of polishing before you get it...and the materials in it are no where close to the ones in the rolls.....you would never see plastic on the dash of a rolls... THAT is luxury, the only thing that i can think of that the benz has that the rolls doesnt is the Distonic Cruise Control, even then its pretty usless, cool but really its just to show off.... and by the way.... i drive a 2000 S500 quite regularly and ive driven in a S600 for a test drive... also im not alone is sayin the suspension is a tad too stiff for a lux car....if anyone has it, its one of the "Lows" in the last test of the S600 in the Car and Driver (i cant find my issue) more importantly have YOU even been in a S600? And yes. Benz'z ENTIRE line is heading toward more of a sportier drive.....have you driven the last generation S? or even the new one? we've owned both and theres a HUGE difference! Hell even the E class has a stiffer suspension. My uncle has a 96 320, and my other uncle has a '00...HUGE difference in ride..... another example....the new/old C classes.....need i say more?

gang$tarr
10-08-2001, 02:45 PM

have YOU even been in a S600?.....

thanks for explaining yourself... that's all i was askin for :D

yes i have been in an S600 one of my neighbours has a black one

I remember my original post before the threads were split said "The S600 comes close.... and the maybach will soon" when talkin about comparing the luxury of cars to Rolls-Royce and Bentley.
I would take a Rolls-Royce over an S600 (i'm not an idiot) I'm just saying that the S600 has more and better features than the Rolls so it does have more luxury attributes but the Rolls has all the polishing and exotic materials, that puts the Rolls Royce from Luxury car to Royal Car :D

are rolls still hand made? or did that change after BMW took them over?

moe182
10-08-2001, 02:52 PM

Have you ever been in an S600? The S500 doesn't compare to an S600. The S600 was meant to be super luxury, near Rolls-Royce luxury

Can you please explain to me how the S500 "doesnt compare" to the S600 considering EVERYTHING you can get in the S600 you can get as an option on the S500.....the only obvious is the engine. Same leathers, same wood trims. Here are the options for the S500 (www.mbusa.com)
Options
Active Body Control details $2,960.00
Active Ventilated Seats/Rear details $1,565.00
Climate Control/Rear Compartment details $1,880.00
Distronic details $2,875.00
Electronic Rear Seatback details $1,825.00
Electronic Trunk Closer details $460.00
Four Place Seating Package details $5,770.00
Guard Special Protection Equipment details $76,500.00
Heated Rear Seats details $635.00
Keyless Go details $995.00
Navigation CD Collection, USA/Canada details $140.00
Parktronic System details $1,015.00
Rear Side-Windows Roller Blinds details $310.00
Tire-Pressure Monitoring System details

Here are the options for the S600
Options
Active Ventilated Seats/Rear details $930.00
Distronic details $2,875.00
Electronic Trunk Closer details $460.00
Four Place Seating Package details $3,950.00
Keyless Go details $995.00
Navigation CD Collection, USA/Canada details $140.00
Rear Side-Windows Roller Blinds details $310.00
Tire-Pressure Monitoring System details $615.00

Do yourself a favor, and at least educate yourself before you make remarks like that.....

moe182
10-08-2001, 02:55 PM

are rolls still hand made? or did that change after BMW took them over?

They're not completly hand made anymore.....they used to be hand built bumper to bumper but that took about 3 months to make one car.....so they do have some machines helping em out now....but i think the interior is still done by hand.....

Porsche
10-08-2001, 05:33 PM
I once saw a thing on TV with a guy at the Aston Amrtin place hand rolling metal panels. As for the luxury comparison, I'd say RR and Bentley are overall better, but Mercedes does have better feautres, there's no doubt about it. I seen options lists and new articles about the stuff they have, how come nobody mentioned that the S600 has an "Auto Pilot" if you will, it drives the car down the highway only needign the driver to man the wheel, it controls speed, relations to other vehicles and can automatically speed up or slow down when passing. The one feature that I think RR and Benltey have over Benz (If they still make it) Is the martini refrigerator in the trunk.

gang$tarr
10-08-2001, 08:47 PM

Do yourself a favor, and at least educate yourself before you make remarks like that.....

whoa whoa whoa.... easy there tiger
i went a little extreme in saying that it doesn't compare but you didn't list the standard features of the S600!
I guess the S500 does somewhat compare, but you can't make an S500 as good as an S600

anyway... all i'm saying is Rolls is better with it being exclusive and all, but the benz does have more features and if the S600 was to have the inside hand made and the lambskin floors. Then it would be a better car than the Silver Seraph in all aspects

Originally posted by Porsche
I'd say RR and Bentley are overall better, but Mercedes does have better feautres, there's no doubt about it.

Thank You!! that's what i've been trying to get at :)

Hudson
10-11-2001, 09:34 AM
It's kinda funny (kinda sad) to see the strength of the convictions on this thread for a bunch of people who've, at best, had rides in an S500 or, at worst, seen one of these cars on a dealership lot.

Rolls-Royces and Bentleys are outstanding cars. The are NOT worth the money over their higher-volume competition. DaimlerChrysler is an multi-billion dollar company and can invest in the best of everything and market it for $100-150k. Until Volkswagen took over control of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars just a few years ago, they did not have the money to make cars great and competitively priced.

There is something about a Rolls-Royce and Bentley (I have driven both). There's also something about an S600 that makes it a better value (if you can call a car in this price range a "value").

Base model Rolls-Royces start at US$220,700...not $300+. Bentleys start at US$210,700 (note: that's American cash...not Canadian, English, German, etc.). While the Mercedes-Benz S600 "only" costs US$117,545, this doesn't mean the English cars are better.

The S600 is a much more technologically advanced car. The Silver Seraph and Arnage have a higher level of hand crafting, but this doesn't mean their quality is above that of the Mercedes-Benz.

If someone were to give them to me, I'd take a Bentley. If I were in the market to buy a super-luxury sedan, it would not be either the Rolls-Royce or Bentley.

On someone else's question: BMW has not taken control of Rolls-Royce. Volkswagen operates the plant that produces all Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars and VW markets them around the world. At the end of 2002, the final Crewe-built Rolls-Royce will be produced and in early 2003, BMW will begin producing the brand in a new factory in England.

BMW supplies quite a few parts to the Silver Seraph and the Arnage, but they do not produce the cars.

Chris
10-11-2001, 01:18 PM
You will never get the same craftsmanship from a machine. In that way the Bentley and RR are better. Plus, you can get ANYTHING you want. Some guy had a toilet in his.

Porsche
10-11-2001, 03:28 PM
LOL, So was thier a toliet seat and eveything?, I'd like to see a pic of that, complete with toliet paper dispenser and all.

gang$tarr
10-11-2001, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Hudson
It's kinda funny (kinda sad) to see the strength of the convictions on this thread for a bunch of people who've, at best, had rides in an S500 or, at worst, seen one of these cars on a dealership lot.

actually I've been driven around in a brand new Bentley Arnage and I've driven an S600

so my points are pretty much based on my experience..... but you pretty much have the same point as me
(i guess the people that have been in these cars actually know :D )

Chris
10-12-2001, 05:26 PM
Sorry Porsche, no pics. I have a Rolls Royce sales brochure from the 80's, and they mention it in there (anything you want...)

Striker073
10-23-2001, 10:32 PM
My mom has a Bentley Arnage Red Label.

IN my opinion, just hte pull of that torque makes it better than the S600 :D

IN reality, I think it is the presteige, handcrafted luuxury, and how the car is designed.

When you step into a S600, it's very teutonic, pretty cold and unwelcoming in my opinion.

WHen you step into ANY british car, may it be a Jag, a Aston Martin, a RR, or a Bentley, there is an unmistakable feel of warmth and luxury that just PERMEATES the car. The acres of the finest conolly leather and wood, and of course the lambswool rugs, all signify that this is unmistakably BRITISH and the utmost in luxury possible. No they aren't very advanced, they might not have all the advanced features. But this is why people buy antique furnitiure. It is that feeling of Old-World luxury vs the new and hip and technoigically advanced. It is a quantitative thing but if you spend time in both, you'll understand why a RR or Bentley is superior to any Benz.
Oh and plus RR and Bentleys can be COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZED to whatever the individual buyer wants. Custom made handcrafted cars are the pinnacle of luxury. Period.

Chris
10-25-2001, 01:49 PM
So, your mom has an Arnage Red Label. Nice:cool:
Would you like to get me one of the old mini's:D Please.

One of my all time dream cars is a Bentley Continental T Mulliner. 420hp and 650lb-ft, awesome!!

Jay!
10-25-2001, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Chris
Would you like to get me one of the old mini's:D Please.Stop begging! :mad: And get off the furniture! Bad Chris!

;)

Chris
10-27-2001, 04:03 PM
lol:cwn27:

Then you shouldn't have let me on the furniture once:crying:

LiuBei
12-04-2001, 09:30 AM
Granted, yes I believe that Bentley and Rolls are the most Luxo. For a car that you may actually get a chance to buy someday without winng the lottery, that would go to the Lexus LS series. No not MB, not BMW, and don't even say Infiniti. For the dollar Lexus make by far the best Luxury cars you can buy. Go to the Lexus section in the LS 430 forum, I have a thread there that shows one main reason. Contact me for any more proof, HOOAH

:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh
"I'm the devil in the flesh, I can't give you the Lord."
-Styles of The LOX

gang$tarr
12-04-2001, 06:26 PM
you think the LExus LS430 is the best for the money?! not even close

The infiniti Q45 costs like 5-10k less, not sure how much exactly... and it has like 50 more HP and even more luxury features IMO

I would still rather have the S600

if i would choose i'd definetly go Rolls or Bentley, i'm just sayin that the S600 is almost as luxurious, just not as exclusive

ericthegreat
05-01-2002, 06:11 PM
I think that the S600 is more advanced than the bentley and rolls-royce
but the car to watch out for is the 2003 Bentley GT Coupe. That car is going to not only take on the CL600 but the ferrari 575M as well. I have read where bentley says they are packing it with a load of advanced features. It has the new W-12 in it so it is going to be hot if you want to check it out go to bentleygt.com and tell me what you think.

crayzayjay
05-25-2002, 08:14 AM
It's not even close. RR & B all the way. The driving experience is superior to the Benz (we're not talking about racing these cars, gang$starr), the interior is infinitely superior, you only have to sit in it once and be wafted away to realise how amazing it is (RR or B)... those huge seats, the wood, those thick, thick carpets... unparalleled luxury, let me assure you

Chris
05-25-2002, 04:41 PM
Actually, a nice Bently Continenetal T Mulliner with 650lb-ft and 420hp is pretty fast and one of my favorite cars. And the Arnage now has a TT 6.75L version, with 450hp and over 600lb-ft, so dont ever accuse them of being slow.

gang$tarr
05-25-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by crayzayjay
It's not even close. RR & B all the way. The driving experience is superior to the Benz (we're not talking about racing these cars, gang$starr), the interior is infinitely superior, you only have to sit in it once and be wafted away to realise how amazing it is (RR or B)... those huge seats, the wood, those thick, thick carpets... unparalleled luxury, let me assure you

damn this thread is old.... it popped up in my e-mail lol

I know that Rolls and Bentley are the epitome of luxury, I've driven a newer Bentley Arnage and sat in a Silver Seraph and Continental at a dealership in Toronto

They have monster engines :eek:

All i was saying before is that the S600 has just as many luxury features if not more...... it's almost as luxurious, just not as exclusive as Rolls and Bentley who go out of their way to make things perfect

retrodrive
06-08-2002, 05:53 AM
you think the LExus LS430 is the best for the money?! not even close

The infiniti Q45 costs like 5-10k less, not sure how much exactly... and it has like 50 more HP and even more luxury features IMO

I would still rather have the S600

if i would choose i'd definetly go Rolls or Bentley, i'm just sayin that the S600 is almost as luxurious, just not as exclusive

Lets just say that you know nothing about Lexus LS series. First of all your beloved Infinity with it's extra 50hp is slower then LS430. How pathetic is that...Nissan ingeneering. Secondly you do not get the options in your Infinity that you can get with LS430 (yes you can have a fridge in LS). Third is that Lexus takes up the #1 spot on J.D. Powers reports for the last 7 years due to LS series (Infinity is getting better and BMW is not even close). If not S600 I would go for LS430 since it is as comfortable and luxurious or even more so.

Get your facts straight and then distort them as you wish.

gang$tarr
06-08-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by retrodrive

Lets just say that you know nothing about Lexus LS series. First of all your beloved Infinity with it's extra 50hp is slower then LS430. How pathetic is that...Nissan ingeneering. Secondly you do not get the options in your Infinity that you can get with LS430 (yes you can have a fridge in LS). Third is that Lexus takes up the #1 spot on J.D. Powers reports for the last 7 years due to LS series (Infinity is getting better and BMW is not even close). If not S600 I would go for LS430 since it is as comfortable and luxurious or even more so.

Get your facts straight and then distort them as you wish.

man this is old, stop bringin old stuff back up.

The infiniti is not slower, it is even with the Lex because of the different powerband. It still has more power.

The question is what car is a better value, and the Infiniti has alot more options for up to 10k less.

If I were to choose I would get the Lexus over the Infiniti, but the question was which is better for the money.
So remember to read all the posts next time

and it's spelt "engineering" little boy

Ssom
06-10-2002, 02:40 AM
What would an AF thread be without my opinion???:finger: j/k :D

I personally would perfer a new Bimmer 745Li, those things are the SHIT!!!!!!

They have things like TV's (Which Rolls and Bentleys lack), the infamous iDrive (Good old German engineering for you), Sat Nav (Option in Rolls)
and having sat in a normal 745i (The highlight of my life) I can confirm that the seats are butt-heaven........

Not that I have gotten anywhere near a Rolls and and have only had a browse at an Arnage Red Label, but those cars wiegh over two tonnes, I will check the figures for the 7 later, but it is sure to be less.

Plus they don't call it the ultimate driving machine for nothing :finger:

But hell the next Rolls is going to be a Bimmer, says a lot doesn't it.....

Pennzoil GT-R
06-11-2002, 04:09 AM
Roll's are slippin a little in terms of performance and build quality.

You can have a Bentley built to youre exact specification. You can have them make it out of anything you want, and to have whatever features you want. There was one built 4 a guy at a motor show that was converted to 2 seats with a big space in the back, the entire interior was carbon fibre and suede. It was fuckin horrible, but you cant get much more hand built than that.

crayzayjay
06-12-2002, 05:46 PM
I dunno.... im pretty sure u can get a rolls exactly like you want it too

Pennzoil GT-R
06-13-2002, 10:55 AM
you can get rolls' pretty much custom built, but they are beginnin to lack a little refinement compared to bentleys

DMC12
06-13-2002, 11:45 AM
If i was shopping for a luxury car, I'd get an Escalade EXT. "Luxury" is opinion, and in my opinion hand-laid wood, hand-stitched leather sound cool on paper, but in real life the Bentley is just too gaudy. I see them all the time here in Newport Beach.:o

crayzayjay
06-13-2002, 02:12 PM
they are beginnin to lack a little refinement compared to bentleys

i have no idea where you got that idea from but that statement is far from accurate

What ya Smoking?!?
06-18-2002, 06:46 PM
Rolls and Bentley:bandit: :smoka: :smoker2: :ylsuper

Pennzoil GT-R
06-18-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by crayzayjay

i have no idea where you got that idea from but that statement is far from accurate

that statement comes from living about 5 - 10 miles away from the Rolls Royce factory in Crewe, England. I see these things all the time, and yes, in terms of quality and refinement, Rolls Royce have been left behind a little bit by Bentley

gang$tarr
06-18-2002, 10:49 PM
I dont think it matters where you live....
Theres a Toyota factory somewhere in my city, i dont know more than the average person knows about Toyota

Pennzoil GT-R
06-19-2002, 10:57 AM
I dont think it matters where you live....
Theres a Toyota factory somewhere in my city, i dont know more than the average person knows about Toyota

yeh, but that may be because you dont take an interest in Toyota. i have a toyota factory in derby (about 20/30 miles away), and i too dont know more than most about toyota. but Rolls is different, i take an interest in them as they are built so close to home and are one of the best British ambassadors we have.

crayzayjay
06-19-2002, 12:27 PM
personally i would have a bentley over a rolls but they are not more refined or more of a quality item as far as im concerned. rolls suffer from a bad image and too much chrome.. thats about it!! :D

Ando_Rules
06-19-2002, 06:35 PM
there are a lot of luxury car makers but no of them r up to bently/rolls royce standerds

Add your comment to this topic!