Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mercedes Maybach

kris
08-07-2001, 03:27 AM
http://red-headed.com/scoop/scoop12/scoop12_01.jpg http://red-headed.com/scoop/scoop12/scoop12_02.jpg http://red-headed.com/scoop/scoop12/scoop12_03.jpg http://red-headed.com/scoop/scoop12/scoop12_04.jpg

VicenteFox
08-09-2001, 10:42 PM
is that like a s800 or sumthin?

Adam
08-10-2001, 02:24 AM
i don't remember exactly where, but somewhere there is a good computer image so you can actually see the car. kinda ugly in the rendering

Hudson
08-10-2001, 09:45 AM
Better than a "computer image" is the concept car that Mercedes-Benz displayed at the Tokyo Motor Show in 1998.

Adam
08-10-2001, 04:54 PM
? was it? why would it be like that in those pictures? are those really old pictures or something?

Porsche
08-15-2001, 08:38 PM
I wish that you could have seen an interior picture, It's supposed to have a pull-out Wine Rack/Wet Bar.

Morpheus XIII
09-15-2001, 11:44 PM
The Maybach concept has been sitting around for a few years now, but after initial introduction, it just seemed to die out. Now after the merge with Chrysler, Mercedes has brought back the idea of a full fledged company designed limousine to fill the upper niche in their lineup. Designed to compete with cars like the Bentley Arnage, it is estimated to cost at around $300,000. However, what separates this car from its competition is that its primary function will be an executive limousine, to be driven from place to place by a chauffeur, rather than by the owner. Handling is more 'semi' than 'sports sedan', and power from the V12 (currently being tested with a twin-turbo V12) will be used for hauling around the mass, rather than ass. Features inside will be entirely tailor-made for the buyer, and are promised to be the most elite (we can expect video screens galore, home...err car entertainment system, a modern communications system, a humidor, reclining rear seats with footrests, the aforementioned mini-bar, and probably many things no one has ever seen before). Electrochromatic technology (dimming mirror) has been put to use on the roof of the car to allow an adjustable amount of light to pass through. My personal favorite feature are the illuminated strips on both sides of the car that will be used in conjunction with the car's lighting system.

By the way, Maybach made engines for the Zeppelin airships, and Nazi's Panzer tanks during WWII. Scary.

Note: The disguised prototype shots look more like those of an S-class rather than a Maybach. See the top curvature of the underlying headlights? Compare that with pictures of the Maybach below.

Morpheus XIII
09-15-2001, 11:45 PM
Side:

Morpheus XIII
09-15-2001, 11:47 PM
Front interior:

Morpheus XIII
09-15-2001, 11:48 PM
Check out the elechrom ceiling!

MercCougarXR7
09-16-2001, 10:43 AM
VERY Nice :) - Looks almost Jaguarish...

Porsche
09-16-2001, 02:29 PM
Looks better than my Living Room!

hermunn123
09-16-2001, 06:08 PM
looks better than my house!

Hudson
09-17-2001, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
The Maybach concept has been sitting around for a few years now, but after initial introduction, it just seemed to die out. Now after the merge with Chrysler, Mercedes has brought back the idea of a full fledged company designed limousine to fill the upper niche in their lineup....

Did you write this? The Maybach idea never died out, it was a "go" program from almost the beginning. The concept you showed should give an idea of the production version (it is about the same size and shape) but the recently released pictures show a different front end.

Morpheus XIII
09-19-2001, 04:12 AM
I wrote this with information based from old and recent publications. Where are your facts founded? I'd like to know if Mercedes Benz intended to build this from start, even before the merger.

gang$tarr
09-19-2001, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by MercCougarXR7
VERY Nice :) - Looks almost Jaguarish...

yeah right! looks more Rolls-Royce ish

it's supposed to be more luxurious than a Rolls (it's in the same price range, so why not? :D )

Hudson
09-19-2001, 11:26 PM
My facts come from things said by Daimler-Benz executives from the day the concept was introduced at the Tokyo Auto Show. We knew from the beginning, it was a "go"project from back then.

Morpheus XIII
09-22-2001, 07:06 AM
So, when statements are made, they become FACTUAL, at that point? Amends are never made?

Morpheus XIII
10-06-2001, 09:11 PM
I remember that one publication I read stated that the Maybach project was placed on hold until the merge took place between Daimler-Benz and Chrysler. It also stated that it was the Chysler-side that pushed the project afterwards. Well in any case, the car is ready to be produced, and it looks virtually identical to the concept, with the exception of a more reflective background in the headlight housings. Bentley, beware.

gang$tarr
10-06-2001, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Morpheus XIII
Well in any case, the car is ready to be produced, and it looks virtually identical to the concept, with the exception of a more reflective background in the headlight housings. Bentley, beware.

Do you have any links to where you read this?

Morpheus XIII
10-07-2001, 03:06 PM
Pick up the November issue of CAR (the U.K. publication); there is a column there about it.

Add your comment to this topic!