-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-21-2003, 06:36 PM
d16a6crx's Avatar
d16a6crx d16a6crx is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wagovan

Heres the deal, I have a 1991 Civic Wagon... 1.5 with a 1.6 now in it... I want to do some more stuff to it, but i am having some problems...

I have the 1.6 but am still using the DPI (didnt have a spare MPFI ECU)... but now i want to do a motor swap, I am thinking b18a/b18b, whichever the the 140hp non-VTEC from the Integras, can't remember which is which. Anyway, this swap should give in enough power, along with a couple more minor mods....

Heres where the real problem comes in, the suspension. I want to lower the wagon an inch or so, but all the springs I find are for 88-91 Civic ex. Wagon... what can I do? Can I change the struts and shizznat over to CRX stuff that I have and then will the springs fit?

Also, I want to do a taillight conversion, but I want something that will look half clean... I was thinking maybe 1997+ Prelude... Anybody have suggestions that will provide a clean look, preferably something that is flat on the side (if you can understand that) so that the side still flows together nice

Any suggetions will be appriciated
__________________
1991 CRX Si
Looking for 88-91 Sedan or Hatch
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-21-2003, 07:50 PM
DarkImportGrey's Avatar
DarkImportGrey DarkImportGrey is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 822
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DarkImportGrey Send a message via MSN to DarkImportGrey Send a message via Yahoo to DarkImportGrey
Buy the latest honda tuning. They are starting a 4g wagon project! As far as taillights, there was a discussion earlier abour RSX lights on 4g civics, and actually I think it looks pretty damn good if it is done right.

But yeah, in this installment of the project they lower it and put wheels on it. They use some nice coilovers and add new bushings. Looks dope. I hope that you can make something cool out of this!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2003, 06:40 AM
d16a6crx's Avatar
d16a6crx d16a6crx is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, I'll go try and pick up the mag today... BTW I was also pondering about the RSX tails on my Wagon...

My wagon is really only something for me to test out some stuff I want to do, like taillight conversions, and oher stuff, that I don't want to do on my CRX. Because I'm afraid I might do it and do a shittty job, I don't care if I ruin the wagon, but I like the CRX.
__________________
1991 CRX Si
Looking for 88-91 Sedan or Hatch
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2003, 06:42 AM
BLU CIVIC's Avatar
BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC is offline
調整器
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,255
Thanks: 11
Thanked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
I WANT UR 4WD
__________________
The name's Adrian
1990 Civic HB Si - 265.7whp/223tq @9.2psi. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 296.3whp/230tq @1bar. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts