|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hi everyone, 1st time user here, just wanted purchased a 03 GT and wondering what to modify 1st.
__________________
2003 Stang GT Clifford Matix 3 K&N FilterCharger March Pulleys Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flows RHC Member #181 www.ricehatersclub.com |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hey welcome to the boards. Congrats on the new purchase!
For starters replace your air filter with a K&N. Then I would put on a new exhaust system. A highflow cat h-pipe, coupled with a less restrictive cat back. This should make a slight difference in the seat of the pants meter.
__________________
[size=1]-1950 Ford Custom, flathead V8
-2013 Ford Flex -1999 Ford F150 |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Underdrive pulleys are fairly inexpensive and make quite a difference. I would also look at a Steeda timing adjuster. Also a lot of bang for the buck.
If your planning on driving it hard at all, you should replace the stock shifter with a Pro 5.0 or a Steeda Triax.
__________________
MODern ENGINEuity Modular Powered Community Liberty-Forums.com New Car: 2004 Screamin' Yellow Cobra Gone: 2001 Black Lightning Best E.T.: 12.264 @110.22 Best 60': 1.725 |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
LIES!!! Don't touch a damn thing! If you wait long enough, the motor will automatically increase its bore size to a 3.83
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I have to make some mods man.. People watch me pass them and they're like "Oh look, another stock mustang" I hate that!! But thanks for the advice guys, I'll start off with the minor stuff 1st, Filter, Pullies, shifter. whats ratio are stock gears by the way? And what should I install? I have manual transmission. 373's? 410's?
__________________
2003 Stang GT Clifford Matix 3 K&N FilterCharger March Pulleys Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flows RHC Member #181 www.ricehatersclub.com |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
3.27 are stock, 3.55 are what the Mach 1 and Cobras carry, 3.73s are good but 4.10s are marginally better.
:flash: |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
if u want fast acc, but less top speed go with the 4.10s...most people i know went with the 3.73...u can tell the difference either way |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I would go with the 3.73 on a GT. They are good all aroung gears for the track and the street.
__________________
MODern ENGINEuity Modular Powered Community Liberty-Forums.com New Car: 2004 Screamin' Yellow Cobra Gone: 2001 Black Lightning Best E.T.: 12.264 @110.22 Best 60': 1.725 |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have a friend with an '02. He has an off-road x-pipe and a Borla exhaust. It sounds MEAN! Other than that I'd put on a, cold air intake, short shifter, 3.73's, headers, pullies, cam, heads, intake manifold... who am I kidding, we all know that this list is never ending
__________________
1991 Mustang GT vert...1 5/8 shorty headers, offroad h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, CAI, ported and polished lower manifold, 3.73's, Tremec 3550, King Cobra clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, electric fan, subframe connectors, Lakewood upper control arms....A LOT more to come.....if only money grew on trees...14.2@95 mph 221 rwhp and 278 rwtq |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|