-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Eighty Eight
Register FAQ Community
Eighty Eight Includes the '97-'98 Regency and '96-'99 LSS Models
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-07-2003, 09:49 PM
89Olds88_Driver 89Olds88_Driver is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 89Olds88_Driver
Any '89 Delta 88 Royale Sedan Drivers?

The 1989 Delta 88 royale is a great car, my family has owned this car since 1993 when it was bought from a private owner for about $4,000 with a little under 50,000 miles on it. I've ridden in the car so much since i was little and have grown to love it. I'm now 16 and i've had my driver's license since september of '02. The car is mine and i'm taking good care of it and making sure it stays in what best shape it can. The only flaw the car has it the top painted surfaces such as the hood, the roof and the trunk lid. They are all weather-beaten and sun spotted. I am thinking about getting the car re painted, but not sure how to go about it. Very little rust is on the car, so i think it would be worth it. I'll probably never sell the car, as long as it runs... so paint may be a good investment. It's got 198,000 miles on it, and still runs strong. The 88 is a great car.

Any other 1989 Eighty Eight royale (Sedan) owners out there? I would be glad to hear from you and find any websites or resources pertaining to this car.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2003, 10:30 PM
89Olds88_Driver 89Olds88_Driver is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 89Olds88_Driver
The '89
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88back.jpg (48.6 KB, 99 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2003, 02:22 PM
GM_man GM_man is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my dad bought 1986 with low miles he toke in to the body shop to get the rust out and a new paint job now it looks like a new car

the only thing i dont like about is the hubcaps
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-10-2003, 10:09 PM
89Olds88_Driver 89Olds88_Driver is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 89Olds88_Driver
Post

Yea, I think mine could use a re-paint. You couldn't tell from the picture, but there are some spots that need some attention. Any Idea how much a new paint job and rust removal would cost? I have probably 4 or 5 spots that need treated for rust ( none are any bigger than 5 inches in diameter ) but some of the rust is all the way through. the rear lefthand quarter, right above the Eighty-Eight emblem and one rough looking spot above the right, rear fender-well are looking bad. Other than that i mostly have a lot of fading happening to the paint. I'm not exactly fond of the hubcaps either, but i've learned to like them as a compliment to the year and style of car that it is. Simulated wire wheels are an o.k. touch to the car too.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2003, 12:01 PM
GM_man GM_man is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
net Claim 4679.11 subtotal 4373

on my dads car
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-12-2006, 11:44 PM
mjh49746 mjh49746 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Any '89 Delta 88 Royale Sedan Drivers?

I've got one, though the body's pretty beaten up. One dent I did myself in a moment of carelessness.
It's definately a good running car and from the way others talk on this forum, my car isn't just a fluke, either. Sure it has its issues, but I never had to put in much money to keep it running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Olds88_Driver
The 1989 Delta 88 royale is a great car, my family has owned this car since 1993 when it was bought from a private owner for about $4,000 with a little under 50,000 miles on it. I've ridden in the car so much since i was little and have grown to love it. I'm now 16 and i've had my driver's license since september of '02. The car is mine and i'm taking good care of it and making sure it stays in what best shape it can. The only flaw the car has it the top painted surfaces such as the hood, the roof and the trunk lid. They are all weather-beaten and sun spotted. I am thinking about getting the car re painted, but not sure how to go about it. Very little rust is on the car, so i think it would be worth it. I'll probably never sell the car, as long as it runs... so paint may be a good investment. It's got 198,000 miles on it, and still runs strong. The 88 is a great car.

Any other 1989 Eighty Eight royale (Sedan) owners out there? I would be glad to hear from you and find any websites or resources pertaining to this car.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Eighty Eight


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts