-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
rob cole rob cole is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
98 astro wiper problem

I just bought this astro for my wife to drive to the city . got home and descovered that
the wipers don't work at all. after checking fuses(all fine) and I pulled the plug to the wiper motor and tested for some kind of voltage there and nothing . I need a clue as to where to look next so I don't end up just throwing parts at this van I have read all posts about wipers and have not found anything helpfull so far . thanks any help would be great!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2009, 02:57 PM
drew300 drew300 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 98 astro wiper problem

So you've got no power at the plug. Obviously check the fuses. I've pretty well stopped using a voltmeter on odd things like this. I use a lamp, (a brake lamp is good), that draws an amp or 2. That way you know that there is power where you checked. I've had parts / connections go high in resistance, enough power to work a meter, but not enough to run a lamp. At least a starting piont for you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
rob cole rob cole is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 98 astro wiper problem

turned out it was the plug messed with it a while and started working . Still replaced the motor 70 bucks and no more problems all is good
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts