-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Register FAQ Community
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
civic0990 civic0990 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stripped bolt on fuel filter...HELP!!

I was trying to change the fuel filter on my 98 civic and stripped the bottom bolt. I got the top one off ok but the bottom one wouldnt come off for any thing. I went and got a flare wrench, but it was too late and the bolt is stripped. How can I get this off and can I just replace the bolt or will i need a new fuel line???
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 AM
rhandwor rhandwor is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 64 Times in 64 Posts
Re: Stripped bolt on fuel filter...HELP!!

I would get a new filter at the parts store and purchase a 12 inch piece of brake line tubing that fits. Then find a splice connector that fits the fuel line.
You can use a flaring tool two flare nuts and a connector. You also need a tubing cutter. I've used a copper crimp connector for this pressure fuel line.
Don't cut the piece of brake line until everything is measured.
Dorman also probably makes a repair kit if you check.
http://www.dormanproducts.com/
Is this the correct end Honda uses a Bango bolt on the other end. The dealer should handle these.
http://www.ebay.com/ Search bango bolt socket.

Last edited by rhandwor; 10-20-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts