-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Montero/Shogun/Pajero
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-10-2009, 10:46 AM
FabricGATOR FabricGATOR is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 164
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FabricGATOR
Transmission - Hard Shift ????

Hello,

After a recent towing situation, I have noticed that the transmission does a hard shift from 3rd to 4th. First two shifts seem normal.

I knew that I was pushing Montie towards the limit with the heavy tow. I manually shifted the gears, holding rpm so the next shift would be within an easier transition. Also, I didn't try to break any speed records as I was transiting late at night with little traffic.

What is the A/T switch on the dashboard, and how does it work. How and when should it be used. I did not notice any appreciable difference although I was not quite sure what to look for.

Additionally, I have noticed a situation with the cruise control that may also be a symptom related to the transmission and or sensors. A few months ago, I noticed that the CC would not catch the set speed as it had in the past. Troubleshoot driving I found that I would set it for around 70 MPH and if I let it drift down, that it would begin to accelerate at about a 10% loss.... say around 63 MPH and maintain that setting. Other times it would not catch at all. Holding resume/accelerate is intermittent or would start to accelerate softly then would disengage when released.

Could it be a computer control issue that can be reset? Will the car re-learn my regular driving habits? Would a transmission filter and fluid change fix this? Did I do hard damage to the transmission itself?

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport ES with 110,000 miles. 3.0 Automatic transmission 2WD
__________________
Hey! I'm not considered an enthusiast anymore........
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team Edition
2000 Mitsu Montero Sport (Trade In)
1987 944 N/A
1976 Buick Century (SCRAPED)
1979 Yamaha XS1100
I have a parking problem everywhere I go...

2004 Pontiac Gran Prix . . I don't care.
1993 Mustang LX . . . . . I don't care..
1996 Honda Civic CX. . . . . I don't care, well, maybe a just little...
I can't afford to love her anymore!

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Montero/Shogun/Pajero


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts