-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
SteveG3 SteveG3 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2 more electrical problems

This is also on my 96 Taurus wagon. 1) When I pull my key from the ignition and open the door, the key in ignition reminder bell goes off. If I push the power locks before I shut the door the locks pop back up as they would as if the key was left in the ignition. 2) My interior lights now will not turn off when I shut the door. As I recall they normally stay on briefly and then shut off. I have pulled the bulbs out for now or else I will have a dead battery in the morning.
Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:09 PM
shorod's Avatar
shorod shorod is offline
SHO No Mo
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11,008
Thanks: 106
Thanked 359 Times in 350 Posts
Re: 2 more electrical problems

I think both of these have been addressed previously on the forum. For the interior lights, try searching the forum for keyword "ajar".

For the key minder, that sounds like an issue with the ignition switch or the key cylinder switch. Probably the ignition switch. I don't recall if that's an adjustment that can be made or if it requires a new ignition switch. Neither of these would be a difficult repair, and a search will yield more details.

-Rod
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2009, 06:28 PM
SteveG3 SteveG3 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2 more electrical problems

Just an update. Thanks for the "ajar" search tip. I had not used that word. That showed what the problem was and lights work good now.
On the key reminder chime, I noticed if I just put my finger under the key switch and lightly lift up the chime goes off like normal. So it is indeed in the switch it appears.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-31-2009, 07:58 PM
shorod's Avatar
shorod shorod is offline
SHO No Mo
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11,008
Thanks: 106
Thanked 359 Times in 350 Posts
Re: 2 more electrical problems

Thank you for the follow-up post!

-Rod
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts