-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-29-2009, 05:26 PM
jetta4j jetta4j is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
95 altima 2.4,machining head question

so I just got my head back from the machine shop.put the car back together, now when its warmed up(thermostat opens) it blows white smoke out back and has misfire.in the manual you have to torque the head down after you install timing cover...so my question is should I have had the cover machined off as well to compensate for the machining on head? if so I will be pissed....!but I really want to know whats wrong...I kinda think the timing cover didnt allow the head to seat properly on one side.please help before I lose my mind !!!thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
jetta4j jetta4j is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 95 altima 2.4,machining head question

little update..now Im really confused..Dont think it's the timing cover anymore because I did a compression test and #1 165,#2 90,#3 70,#4 had 170 psi...wtf!its a new head gasket and everything was straight when I installed it....doesnt make sense but everything is pointing to bad head gasket....what ya gonna do.. help
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Altima


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts