-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Claypool Claypool is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Close to the end

Well, after 8 years with my 01 3.1 Malibu with 84K mikes, I am finally getting to the end of its life. I have had the fuel injector issues, 3 ignition key cylinders replaced, fuel pump assembly replaced, the air idle something replaced and now the AC went. To fix it would be around $850 for parts/labor. Did I mention I need tires and front brakes? Also I only have speeds 3+4 on the blower fan. In addition, the ac on light always kept blinking off for a while, then on, that is, when the ac worked. The repairs are close to its wholesale value. I am currently driving a Honda EX with no problems. It's time to wholesale it out. Does anyone disagree with me?

Claypool
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-15-2009, 05:37 PM
rhandwor rhandwor is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 64 Times in 64 Posts
Re: Close to the end

Its as good a time as any.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Speedy_1234 Speedy_1234 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 388
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Speedy_1234 Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy_1234
Re: Close to the end

it seems to me you can sell the car for parts
__________________
opcorn:
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts