|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
My 93 G20 van, has a L60E tranny I think, makes this noise while cruising around 55-60 mph, it does it when I speed up just slightly from 55, I can then let off the gas and it will quit, then doesn't make that noise when I step down on it, to the floor, it will accelerate just fine , no noise until I let off the gas and it levels out, then the noise resumes.
Does this sound like the torque converter clutch to anyone, if not that then what do y'all think it could be?? Many thanks to all, Frank aka Crazyhorse357
__________________
1997 Lincoln Town Car 1993 GMC custom van Member of these forums also: Fordvschevy lincolnvscadillac lincolnsonline fordtransmissionforum BroncoII.org -- The Procrastinators Creed -- " Never do today that which can be put off till tomorrow |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: strange noise between 55-60 mph
Check for dry and worn U-Joints. Rust around the caps is a good indicator.
__________________
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks TM67,
I'll do that, I'm so old that sometimes my mind goes blank when it comes to a problem, thank God for young guys like you and this forum, or I wouldn't get anything done. Thanks again, really appreciate your response.
__________________
1997 Lincoln Town Car 1993 GMC custom van Member of these forums also: Fordvschevy lincolnvscadillac lincolnsonline fordtransmissionforum BroncoII.org -- The Procrastinators Creed -- " Never do today that which can be put off till tomorrow Last edited by Crazyhorse357; 07-04-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling error |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: strange noise between 55-60 mph
If it does it in drive and OD check your rear end bearings and ring/pinion gear setup.
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems. MT |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: strange noise between 55-60 mph
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems. MT |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|