-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-27-2009, 01:19 PM
drw7162 drw7162 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cruise Control Not Working

I searched on this topic and couldnt find anything, so if its been answered I apologize, but I here I go. I have a 2001 GMC Jimmy SLT and the cruise control only works once in a great while, most of the time it does not. Why is this? How can I troubleshoot this? I have checked the fuses and all are fine. Is it the switch?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Rick Norwood's Avatar
Rick Norwood Rick Norwood is offline
Big Tall Dumb Ass
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,306
Thanks: 15
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Re: Cruise Control Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by drw7162 View Post
I searched on this topic and couldnt find anything, so if its been answered I apologize, but I here I go. I have a 2001 GMC Jimmy SLT and the cruise control only works once in a great while, most of the time it does not. Why is this? How can I troubleshoot this? I have checked the fuses and all are fine. Is it the switch?
Check the Vacuum lines for leaks and disconnects. If I remember correctly, there is a vacuum line that runs into the driver's fender and connects to a vacuum cannister inside the fender. Make sure it isn't cracked split or dry rotted.
__________________
"If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking". - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-28-2009, 07:27 AM
drw7162 drw7162 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Cruise Control Not Working

Thanks for the info, I looked at all the hoses and wires and did not find anything. I even followed the haynes manual for troubleshooting the cruise control and found nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 AM
2kTrailBlazer's Avatar
2kTrailBlazer 2kTrailBlazer is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 68
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2kTrailBlazer
Re: Cruise Control Not Working

could the multi-function switch be bad?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-28-2009, 08:27 AM
drw7162 drw7162 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Cruise Control Not Working

I see online there is a recall on that switch for my year jimmy. Can that affect the cruise control?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-28-2009, 02:33 PM
2kTrailBlazer's Avatar
2kTrailBlazer 2kTrailBlazer is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 68
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 2kTrailBlazer
Re: Cruise Control Not Working

IT very well could be your problem. the multi-function switch is the whole assembly for the hazard switch and the turn signal/wiper/cruise control lever. I replaced mine before i knew there was a recall bc my brake lights were not working. so it controls alot. hence the name multi-function
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts