|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
antilock break light on 97 eclipse
my antilock break light just came on.what should i look for.when i start the car it stay off untill i move the car then it came on and stay on.
Last edited by yute; 04-09-2009 at 08:16 PM. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: antilock break light on 97 eclipse
First thing you should look for is the fuse for your abs system.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: antilock break light on 97 eclipse
I check the fuse and it is still good.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: antilock break light on 97 eclipse
Well, I'm not very familiar with the ABS system on vehicles so I'll try to just help by replying so it will show up in the new threads again and someone else may see it and tell you where to go from there. I think you should also have a relay somewhere too but that's about all I can think of.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: antilock break light on 97 eclipse
There is an ABS relay under the hood. If the relay is shot then there's a good chance one of the wheel sensors is damaged. In order for it to work properly, you will need to take it to a shop to have them determine which sensor could be damaged or if the ABS unit itself is shot. One of my sensors were damaged on mine and it did the same thing. One day the ABS went crazy for no reason at all and I almost didn't get stopped at a busy intersection. Do yourself a favor and get it checked out as soon as you can. Don't wanna end up in an accident because of it. (I just ripped my whole ABS system out and replaced it with a non-ABS system during the build up of my car.) Good luck with it.
__________________
-Brian
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: antilock break light on 97 eclipse
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: antilock break light on 97 eclipse
Well I guess it depends on what model you have. RS, GS, or GST/GSX? It should be located in the under hood fuse box.
__________________
-Brian
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|