-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Dingo1 Dingo1 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Daytona Coupe

My Daytona Coupe is coming along quite nicely now and I'm now waitng for the paint to cure realy well before I give it a good polish, I have now started on the interior which is going to be all white with a little bit of black accent to make it look good this will be my best project to date and is part of my year long monster project that includes a Galaxy trailer and the Revell City Coach as a motorhome. The Daytona Coupe is being built as a show car so it will have to be done really well and for me built over a long period and slowly.




Boot lid is now in place photo to follow shortly.

Dingo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Ferrari TR's Avatar
Ferrari TR Ferrari TR is offline
Not A Hoarder!
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,240
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Ferrari TR
Re: Daytona Coupe

Not what i expected when i read daytona coupe...
looks like a good start though.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Bus conversion as well.
__________________
SCCA 7, The lost Z
Contest entry thread: Mystery?
Beetle + Boxster = Bugster, P.T. Panel:click here Diablo Roadster: click here, & Porsche C2 Cab
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2009, 10:53 AM
AustinMartin's Avatar
AustinMartin AustinMartin is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari TR View Post
Not what i expected when i read daytona coupe...
Same here
__________________
Current Builds
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari 612
Ferrari F2007
Ferrari 250 Testarossa

"Speed never killed anyone, it the stopping suddenly that kills you"
"With every post they take off me........they take a piece of my heart" PAP 348
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Dingo1 Dingo1 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

Oh Yea Ya right guys sorry I forgot about the Cobra Daytona Coupe, I should have siad the Dodge Daytona Coupe, well I call it a cooupe as it's not a 4 door sedan and it's not really a 2 door sedan either. Many years ago I had a Corolla coupe and I suppose that's why I called this one a cooupe. I do appologise for the misleading title.

Dingo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2009, 04:00 PM
AustinMartin's Avatar
AustinMartin AustinMartin is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

I think we are actually both talking to the Ferrari Daytona.
__________________
Current Builds
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari 612
Ferrari F2007
Ferrari 250 Testarossa

"Speed never killed anyone, it the stopping suddenly that kills you"
"With every post they take off me........they take a piece of my heart" PAP 348
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Dingo1 Dingo1 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

Oh sorry AustinMartin please excuse my ignorance but being an Aussie and with an interest in mostly U.S. & Australian muscle cars I didn't know Ferrari had one, I guess you learn soenthing new every day hey oh well never mind.

Dingo
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-15-2009, 01:35 AM
klutz_100's Avatar
klutz_100 klutz_100 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,889
Thanks: 7
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to klutz_100
Re: Daytona Coupe

Only an American could put "coupe" at the end of a Ferrari Daytona!
__________________
Guideline for happy modeling: Practice on scrap. Always try something new. Less is more.

"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel" - Edmund Blackadder
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-15-2009, 03:59 AM
stump's Avatar
stump stump is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 799
Thanks: 48
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via MSN to stump
Re: Daytona Coupe


S'all right mate, I knew what you meant......

Looking good mate. Sounds like an awesome project..
I'm looking forward to seeing the motorhome......


cheers
Greg
__________________
Hello, I'm Greg. I'm an Aussie and a compulsive model starter... http://public.fotki.com/Greg5000/

Currant builds...
1:12 Datsun Z432R
1:12 Datsun OS-Giken
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Dingo1 Dingo1 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

Klutz100 I'm not a yank I'm an Aussie but I still call "em coupes like I call a U.S. El Camino a Ute or their Pick ups a small truck or large ute, by the way ute is short for utility.

Dingo
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Dingo1 Dingo1 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

More work has been done on this Daytona Dodge with the rear wing now cut down and painted gloss white it will be part of many white hi-lited parts on the car. Oh by the way for of you wondering what's under bonnet(hood) the motor is in but not seure and sorry guys you still can't see it.






Rear wing not painted here but it is & I'm waiting for it to dry properly before fitting it.

Dingo
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 PM
torinobradley torinobradley is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

Anything with the name Daytona is good, though there was that '80s Mitsubishi rebadge that some could argue against (nothing against Mitsubishi, morover has to do with the '80s cars in general).

Your Dodge Daytona is usually referred to as a 'Hardtop' body as it has no center pillar between the front and rear side windows.

Looking great so far! Will have to watch the progression of the team.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Dingo1 Dingo1 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

Bradley I underst about hardtops & coupes, it's just a thing I do nothing againgst or about what the car is I just call 'em all coupes it's just my Aussie way of saying things, I guess it's the way I was brought up with country parents and being a country guy in a city life.

dingo
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Dingo1 Dingo1 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

I have done a bit more work like trimming some areas, I;ll let the photos do the talking.


Trim work done with a paint pen

Trim round the tail lights done with paint pen.

The one thing I almost forgot, due to money problems all my model building has come to a halt and so all cars & trucks have been packed into thier boxes so dust does not destroy the painted ones. Sorry Guys.

Dingo
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:43 AM
stump's Avatar
stump stump is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 799
Thanks: 48
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via MSN to stump
Re: Daytona Coupe

Hey Dingo, she's lookin' mighty fine mate....
I like the "shortened" wing idea, and the silver trim looks spot on....What kind of paint pen you using for that ?
cheers mate
Greg
__________________
Hello, I'm Greg. I'm an Aussie and a compulsive model starter... http://public.fotki.com/Greg5000/

Currant builds...
1:12 Datsun Z432R
1:12 Datsun OS-Giken
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Dingo1 Dingo1 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Daytona Coupe

Greg, the paint pen I use is a Uni paint pen and I buy them from my local newsagent, U can get them in different sizes and colours.

Dingo
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts