-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-21-2001, 04:52 PM
P10DET's Avatar
P10DET P10DET is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,839
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
P10 Radiator

At our geekout yesterday (where the SE-R folks whimped out for a change) I was examining howard_w13's radiator in his automatic equipped P10. Dayem! It's as thick (or thicker than) my aftermarket double row radiator.

So, I dug into the fiche last night.......

It turned up the following:

All auto tranny P10 use 21460-62J01

The manual gearbox P10 uses:

21460-53J00 or
21460-62J00

Next time some of y'all get together, would you please compare manual gearbox radiators vs auto tranny radiators? It looks pretty likely that the auto tranny radiator is a direct fit heavy duty OEM radiator. I would just like to confirm this before stating it as fact. That would be a really good thing to know. Granted, my aftermarket radiator was something like $150-175 (can't remember - I'm old ) and an OEM would run close to $300, but I still would likely have bought an OEM. Also, my aftermarket has smaller in/out fittings than OEM, so it has a rubber adapter to install the radiator hose.

So, can someone please confirm?

Might be a good idea for you P11 folks to check it out as well. Luke, their may be an easy radiator upgrade available for you. That may not be important on the street, but on the track it would be a big deal.
__________________
George Roffe
Houston, Texas USA

00 328i
91 SE-R (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a great resolve"

-- Admiral Yamamoto, December 7, 1941
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2001, 05:01 PM
zykotik zykotik is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 367
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to zykotik Send a message via AIM to zykotik Send a message via Yahoo to zykotik
So you think then (because my car used to be auto) when I get my DET in there I could get away with using my stock rad (if its in good condition)?
__________________
-Objects in mirror are losing-
www.npclub.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-21-2001, 06:08 PM
JustinP10's Avatar
JustinP10 JustinP10 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to JustinP10 Send a message via AIM to JustinP10 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinP10
I'll go and check tonight and see if i have any pictures where i can compare my old auto with the 5-spd. here in Az I can definitely use all the help i can get. When it's 110+ outside it feels as though my car barely wants to run Maybe with a turbo in mind for the future, an aftermarket upgrade would be a samrter choice. Although for a cheap alternative (salvage yard) the auto radiator may be a very easy, wallet-friendly upgrade. Cool! hehe
__________________
Justin McClanahan
95 G20
15.4 @ 91.4mph (2.4 60ft )
143.7whp and 131.4 ft.lbs
Primera (10:1) Intake Cam, HS CAI, HS Header, UR Pullies, 19* Timing, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, GC/AGX, Pacesetter Short Shifter, and more stuff...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-21-2001, 08:09 PM
P10DET's Avatar
P10DET P10DET is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,839
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zykotik
So you think then (because my car used to be auto) when I get my DET in there I could get away with using my stock rad (if its in good condition)?
Could very well be. That's what I'm trying to determine.
__________________
George Roffe
Houston, Texas USA

00 328i
91 SE-R (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a great resolve"

-- Admiral Yamamoto, December 7, 1941
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-22-2001, 04:02 PM
Apeman Apeman is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zykotik
So you think then (because my car used to be auto) when I get my DET in there I could get away with using my stock rad (if its in good condition)?
When I had my G20 turbo with the T3/T04E I used my stock auto radiator and it worked fine. I only had one overheating problem which was on a 35 deg C day when I had been stuck in stop and go traffic with the A/C on for about 30min. When the traffic cleared I floored it up to about 170kph and noticed the temp gauge had moved up to about 3/4. I slowed down and turned on the heater and it dropped back to normal right away.

I suspect my car would run hotter than a 5 spd G20 as it had an auto which creates more heat, although I was using an aux. tranny cooler.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-22-2001, 06:44 PM
zykotik zykotik is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 367
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to zykotik Send a message via AIM to zykotik Send a message via Yahoo to zykotik
Well with the fluctuating seasons and temps in our fine country I really want to avoid that. My poor ol Teg died becuase of a lack thinking on my part and I don't wanna have this happen to my G ride (it's better than my teg was )

If it means being safe and nothing is conclusive about using the auto rad I willl definitely want to go with an aftermarket solution.

It'd really suck to blow a DET
__________________
-Objects in mirror are losing-
www.npclub.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-23-2001, 08:23 PM
grant_nz grant_nz is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Radiator

I have a 1994 eGT auto and the radiator is very thick.

It also has the Calsonic brand sticker on it....so its definetly looks different to a standard P10....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2001, 08:30 PM
JustinP10's Avatar
JustinP10 JustinP10 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to JustinP10 Send a message via AIM to JustinP10 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinP10
Actually i thought my old car had a calsonic sticker or badging on the rediator too, i think my car may have it too, i forget. But i have seen that before.
__________________
Justin McClanahan
95 G20
15.4 @ 91.4mph (2.4 60ft )
143.7whp and 131.4 ft.lbs
Primera (10:1) Intake Cam, HS CAI, HS Header, UR Pullies, 19* Timing, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, GC/AGX, Pacesetter Short Shifter, and more stuff...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-23-2001, 08:33 PM
grant_nz grant_nz is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have seen some people look at the back of the radiator and the front and say its very thick....but remember the aircon condensor is their also...

I have seen a couple of people make this mistake...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-23-2001, 10:53 PM
P10DET's Avatar
P10DET P10DET is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,839
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by grant_nz
I have seen some people look at the back of the radiator and the front and say its very thick....but remember the aircon condensor is their also...

I have seen a couple of people make this mistake...
You have to look at the side at the core itself.

BTW, all OEM radiators for Nissan (that I know of) are made by Calsonic.
__________________
George Roffe
Houston, Texas USA

00 328i
91 SE-R (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a great resolve"

-- Admiral Yamamoto, December 7, 1941
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-24-2001, 01:46 AM
A380Driver A380Driver is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 507
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to A380Driver
Just wonderin...we're not including the A/C Condensor in this right? Would the radiator be different on a model with or without A/C?
__________________
-Brian Jones

I got a snake man
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-24-2001, 01:54 AM
JustinP10's Avatar
JustinP10 JustinP10 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to JustinP10 Send a message via AIM to JustinP10 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinP10
I don't think there was a G20 offered without A/C, it may have been an option on certain model Primera's overseas, but i think it was standard here in the US.
__________________
Justin McClanahan
95 G20
15.4 @ 91.4mph (2.4 60ft )
143.7whp and 131.4 ft.lbs
Primera (10:1) Intake Cam, HS CAI, HS Header, UR Pullies, 19* Timing, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, GC/AGX, Pacesetter Short Shifter, and more stuff...
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5.2, Very hot in cab, radiator cold. mrspooks Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10 0 08-15-2009 08:55 AM
94 thunderbird radiator fan/ temp gauge problem frustrated by now Thunderbird 19 08-09-2009 11:05 AM
1990 Ford Econoline Van Radiator Problem, I think.. ariel418 Econoline 6 05-12-2009 06:40 PM
Lower radiator hose cool/Water pump squeal ktl4974 Problem Diagnosis 7 05-04-2009 08:44 PM
Trans Fluid Leaking Into Radiator Coolant Wheels555 Venture 1 03-04-2009 06:18 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts