-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-30-2008, 07:27 PM
GreyZ34's Avatar
GreyZ34 GreyZ34 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
93 Lumina Shift Selector Console Shift

OK I bought this car used and strange the plastic that surrounds the shifter to show you what gear you are in. Is the plastic replaceable? has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it also if I cannot buy the replacement part what other vehicles cross reference this vehicle?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-31-2008, 02:15 AM
jeffcoslacker's Avatar
jeffcoslacker jeffcoslacker is offline
Lactose the Intolerant
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,410
Thanks: 4
Thanked 52 Times in 51 Posts
Re: 93 Lumina Shift Selector Console Shift

I'm sure it is available through a dealer...it's just a plastic sheet that travels with the shifter...easy to replace.

I remember a lot of them would get sticky from getting soda or coffee spilled in them, and it would make it very hard to put in gear...then they'd put so much force on it trying, and with that sheet being the only thing that was actually hanging it up, it would shatter or crack.

I know I replaced a few back then...I'm sure it's still available. If not, there lotsa Luminas in boneyards...
__________________
You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? F**king insulting. But the worst mistake you made...

...empty gun rack.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-31-2008, 05:02 PM
GreyZ34's Avatar
GreyZ34 GreyZ34 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 93 Lumina Shift Selector Console Shift

nope not available from the dealer anymore. Starting to look in junk yards now for one. Yes this owner before me used to smoke and it looks like coffee in there as well. the interior is near immaculate except for the dash doing that bubbling thing it does.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-31-2008, 09:39 PM
jeffcoslacker's Avatar
jeffcoslacker jeffcoslacker is offline
Lactose the Intolerant
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,410
Thanks: 4
Thanked 52 Times in 51 Posts
Re: 93 Lumina Shift Selector Console Shift

Huh. I guess you could ask the dealer if they can cross ref the old part # and at least see if other models used the same one...might help your junk-looking.

All else fails, make one!
__________________
You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? F**king insulting. But the worst mistake you made...

...empty gun rack.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-31-2008, 11:46 PM
GreyZ34's Avatar
GreyZ34 GreyZ34 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 93 Lumina Shift Selector Console Shift

huh I wonder if I could make one. Have find some sheet plastic or something.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts