-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-08-2008, 05:54 PM
GM1894 GM1894 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Tahoe vs Silverado

Come next spring I am looking to get either a 2001-2006 Tahoe or a Silverado of the year. What I am wondering is what are the gas mileage differences between the two. Both will be the 5.3 and both will have 4x4. Please help me out here as I really cant find anything like this on google surprisingly.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
roadrunner2 roadrunner2 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 469
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Tahoe vs Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1894
Come next spring I am looking to get either a 2001-2006 Tahoe or a Silverado of the year. What I am wondering is what are the gas mileage differences between the two. Both will be the 5.3 and both will have 4x4. Please help me out here as I really cant find anything like this on google surprisingly.

Thanks in advance
You can get all the info on these vehicles and then some on http://www.cars.com
Click on 'Research'.

I just had a quick look and taking into account the engine size/hp plus rear end ratio and vehicle weight, there's not a world of difference.

I have a 2002 Tahoe that ONLY sees travel trailer hauling use so I can't even give you an honest (non-towing) mileage answer.
__________________
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-08-2008, 09:40 PM
GM1894 GM1894 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Tahoe vs Silverado

Thanks for your help so far but I would really like to see some actual numbers from people experiance.

Thanks again
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts