-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Buying Q&A
Register FAQ Community
Car Buying Q&A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Chevy Dawg Chevy Dawg is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Car shopping...

Hey I am new here

I just looked at a car today that I could get. It s a 03 Chevy Malibu and seems like a nice car. the only issue us the last owner apparently smoked and the smell is in there. How easy is it to get the smell out? I am trying to decide if I need to keep looking or not.


Mike
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Hungrycat7's Avatar
Hungrycat7 Hungrycat7 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 845
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Car shopping...

I don't think you will have a hard time getting the smell out. Probably won't ever smell like a new car again but it should be possible! Shampoo the rugs and headliner. You can also do the seats unless they are leather, in that case try a little leather treatment. I wouldn't pass on this car just for that reason if you like it!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 AM
darkspark419 darkspark419 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Car shopping...

One of the best solutions to a smell like this is to get an oderized enzime eater. It comes in an aerosol can,.... most people choose orange or vanilla. Spray a litlle bit on the headliner and on the carpets...... Most important though is to turn the heat on full blast and spray ample amounts into the air intake located between the hood and windshield. this makes the car smell great and also cleans out the tar in the ducts
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Buying Q&A


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts