-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-13-2008, 09:33 AM
maxny maxny is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
94 lesabre brake bleeding

Hi, I had to replace the rr brake line on my 94 lesabre. The abs unit has now lost it's prime. I've tried everything I can think of to bleed it but no luck so far. I have tried a few tricks I found on line but nothing is working. I think I have the Delco VI ABS system but I'm not sure because I cant find any bleeder valves on the unit. My questions are - Which abs unit do I have have? How can I get the ABS unit into home position with out a $1200.00 tech 1 unit? How can I bleed it myself? Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Jrs3800 Jrs3800 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 32 Posts
Re: 94 lesabre brake bleeding

Are you getting any fluid out of that line?

If I understand correctly, what they did with the Tech scanner was to pulse the ABS pump to get the system purged of air if there was air entered into the ABS Pump...

Some have told me that they would bleed the system as best as possible and drive the car to a back road and stomp on the brakes good and hard a few times to activate the ABS...

Please wait for someone else to chime in on this... Don't go out and do this..

When I replaced my ABS pump on my 95 Bonneville( same one as you have ) I installed the ABS pump, I bled at the ABS pump and the Master Cylinder... Brakes felt nice and firm... I took it out and mashed the brakes to get the ABS to function.. No problems at all...

Lets wait for some other answers as I am not a brake expert...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
maxny maxny is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 94 lesabre brake bleeding

Thanks for answering. I'm not getting a drop of fluid out of the rr bleeder valve. I'm not seeing any bleeder screws on the abs unit. Where are they? I took it out today pedal is low but the car stops. I'll give it a shot with a hard stop on a back road and see what happens. I've tried to suction bleed it and the regular way pushing the brake pedal with no luck. I bought an extra cap for the mc and am going to try to rig up a pressure bleed set up. Any other insight into things to try would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Jrs3800 Jrs3800 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 32 Posts
Re: 94 lesabre brake bleeding

You need to figure out what port on the ABS unit has the line you were working on.. Then you need to see if you can bleed at the ABS unit, just to see if you are getting any brake fluid.. If you are then you have an issue down the line..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 AM
maxny maxny is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 94 lesabre brake bleeding

Are their actual bleeder valves on the abs unit or do you have to unscrew the lines? I didn't see any bleeder screws on my unit. I think I'll be good if I can bleed the abs unit.

I back fed fluid from the wheel cyl to the point where I spliced in the new line and the fluid comes through fine to that point.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts