|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have a 91 regal GS 3.8L vinL 80K 3800 v6. Power windows, locks.
The other night I was partying a bit with some friends, and as I was unlocking the doors-my friend was opening the passenger side door at the same time. Nonetheless, the door did not open. It has never given me problems. I manually unlock the door, it still does not open. Should I get ticked off at my friend for breaking my door? What will the cost be to repair this type of problem? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help in any way.
__________________
91' Regal GS 3.8L V6 3800 90K 20% Black Tint Fresh Silver Paint Job Code 41 Plague |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
There is a rod that connects from the doorlatch/lock up to the door handle which jumps out of it's socket at the handle. Sorry but you have to take off door panel to fix it.(Approx 5 screws and 6 plastic popouts) Then get a socket to remove 2 nuts holding on the door handle. This is where you will work from on the outside. You'll most likely have to bend the rod (about 4 inches down) to get it back in place, but it can be done.The piece coming off the door handle looks like a tuning fork which the flat rod stem fits in (Be careful of it as it will snap off if you play with it.) Loosening the 3 doorlatch screws gives rod some mobility. It is very difficult to see in there that's why I'm being so descriptive.
__________________
1999 Buick Century Custom 3.1L , 148,000km. 2000 Toyota Echo, 1.5L 220,000km |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|