|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ok, so I think im pretty set on buying a honda prelude, i was thinking a 94 at first but i think i might get a 96 with a VTEC cus they come with one right? anyway i honestly dont know crap about cars but really wanna learn and my friend has an evo 9 and im always in the car with him when he races.
i love racing and want to have a pretty nice and fast car and preludes are pretty good, cheap, and i will have extra money for a body kit/ rims/ cold air intake etc. i just need opinions on all this, what i should put in it, what i shouldnt put in it, what i CAN put in it. and can they get a turbo in them or do u can only supercharge them, i dont really wanna play for a supercharge please help if you know alot about this and try to teach me a little =]] treat me like i dont know shit about cars because i really dont know much |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
Haha, not only the 96 Preludes have VTEC. 94's do too. There's the Prelude S, Prelude 4WS, Prelude Si, and Prelude VTEC. The VTEC motor is the H22A1. Which is an H-Series 2.2 Litre motor while the Si is an H23A1. If you have the cash, do a swap for the JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) H22A, which IS faster. Get an intake, headers, cat-back exhaust. Basically your car depends on your wallet. If you have the money, get cams, cam gears, valves, and even rods and pistons. Crower has really good cams. And for your question on turbo or supercharger, you can turbo a Prelude. Don't get a cheap ass $700 EBay kit though. That will get messed up. Spend a couple grand on a good company, I.E Turbonetics or Greddy. But for sure you shoud do an intake/header/exhaust. Any more questions?
__________________
1994 Honda Prelude Si H23A1 ![]() Me: Get new U-Joints, then your Ford won't suck as bad. Him: Do I need o-rings? Me: No you idiot. Him: Sorry, I've never replaced an O-Joint before Me: FAIL |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
well im not really gonna have all the money at once but i was thinkin i could get i 96 Vtec for 5500 if im lucky, get a nice body kit, then an intake.
and for more questions, half the stuff u said i really dono wat it does or how much itll cost. what are headers, cams, cam gears, rods and pistons lol and for the turbo i always thot it was a little cheaper then that and is it always better to supercharge it? |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
and so u think i would be buying a turbo from here?
http://www.raceinspired.com/ps-1535-...1992-1996.aspx its like 3g's lol well the bottom price is i dono wat the top is but it adds 100 hp thats alot fuck and 96 prelude is like 210 hp stock right? |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
Haha. Keep the body stock for now, you won't get power out of a body kit. And DON'T get a huge ass wing. Get coilovers for sure. That's suspension. But if you go turbo, you'd have to build your motor. And the 92-96 H22A1 are all the same motor. Same power. Unless you go JDM. www.hmotorsonline.com has the JDM H-Series for sale.
Headers are used for replacing the stock exhaust manifold to increase the exit of exhaust for better results. Megan Racing makes good headers. The piston fits into an internal cylindrical part of an engine called a sleeve and slides up and down during the combustion cycle. The piston turns the engine’s crankshaft via a connecting rod, converting the energy of combustion into rotational torque. The piston and sleeve of an engine are replaceable but must both be replaced at the same time. It's what makes the car move basically. rods connect the piston to the crank shaft A camshaft is a shaft having a series of cams at intervals along its length, for operating the engine valve mechanism. Made up of a series of egg-shaped sections, which as they rotate raise and lower part of the valve train, which in turn causes the valves to open and close. Go to www.howstuffworks.com and read about how engines work. Read it until you understand it. Read how VTEC (Variable-Timing & lift, Electronic Control) works. If you're going to be doing stuff to your car, learn how it works just so you know exactly what you're doing. Read that and then post back with more questions that you have :] Hope I didn't confuse you too much man. ![]()
__________________
1994 Honda Prelude Si H23A1 ![]() Me: Get new U-Joints, then your Ford won't suck as bad. Him: Do I need o-rings? Me: No you idiot. Him: Sorry, I've never replaced an O-Joint before Me: FAIL |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
lol i know thats just for the chicks
![]() wat do u mean i have to build my motor to put in a turbo? i read up on how it works and i learned a little i guess but ya im confused as hell cus this is like the first time im hearing all this can i ask why u got an SI instead of a VTEC? and did u get a jdm motor it would be cool if u could like give me a list of stuff i should do in order and some options and maybe an estimated price lol? then ill look it all up and shit and u know any good sites to look for more cars in my area? maybe one speciall for hondas or preludes?? |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
it would be cool if u could like give me a list of stuff i should do in order and some options and maybe an estimated price lol?
and u know any good sites to look for more cars in my area? Alright, by building a motor, you re-do all your internals, aka the cams, valves, rods and pistons etc. Because the stock ones usually can't handle the high compression the turbo makes the motor. I couldn't find a VTEC for sale, but I like the Si. It pulls on the Prelude VTEC till third gear, then the VTEC has the redline advantage. But I've beaten 3 at the 1/4 mile. And no, I didn't get a JDM motor, mine is USDM. Here is what all I have done to my car: 4% Tinted Back Windows. 5% Tinted Front Windows. Blue Corner Lights. Prelude VTEC Model Wing. Smoked/Black Euro Tail Lights Seibon carbon-fiber hood. Megan Racing 4-2-1 Headers. Megan Racing Front Upper Strut Bar. Megan Racing Rear Upper Strut Bar. OBX-R Short Throw Shifter. OBX-R Rear-Lower Strut Bar. OBX-R Reinforced Silicon Upper Radiator Hose OBX-R Reinforced Silicon Lower Radiator Hose Ground Control Coilovers w/ Eibach Springs. Tsudo N1 Cat-Back Exhaust 2.5" Tsudo N1 Muffler with 4" Tip. Gutted Catalytic Converter. 3" Custom Air Intake Powdercoated Red. Custom Painted Fire Engine Red Valve Cover. Chrome/Red Spectre Air Filter. NGK Spark Plugs. NGK Spark Plug Wires. All engine components painted red. Effect 17x7.5 Wheels. Kumho Ecsta AST 205/45/17 Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Pads. GodSpeed High Performance Aluminum Radiator. I got most of it off eBay. As long as you know the companies, you can go to ebay. http://www.meganracing.com http://www.ground-control-store.com/index.php http://www.tein.com/ http://www.obxracingsports.com/ http://www.greddy.com/ http://www.turboneticsinc.com/products/index.php http://www.godspeedproject.com/store...ain_page=index
__________________
1994 Honda Prelude Si H23A1 ![]() Me: Get new U-Joints, then your Ford won't suck as bad. Him: Do I need o-rings? Me: No you idiot. Him: Sorry, I've never replaced an O-Joint before Me: FAIL |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
Don't get a 96 if you're going to be modding it, OBDII sucks. 95 is the best year of all of the 4th gens.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
I totally forgot about that. Thanks Man. I have a 94. But the only downfall with the H23A1 is that it's not as common has the H22A1 for modding, so they don't make as many parts. H22A1 is the better motor honestly. But I'm content with the the 2.3
__________________
1994 Honda Prelude Si H23A1 ![]() Me: Get new U-Joints, then your Ford won't suck as bad. Him: Do I need o-rings? Me: No you idiot. Him: Sorry, I've never replaced an O-Joint before Me: FAIL |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
and how much do u think all that together costs?
are u thinking about getting a turbo or anything and wat about a blow off valve lol wats ur 1/4 mile? and is the H22A1 the 95? alotta questions lol |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
All the stuff I have is probably like 3 or 4 grand. But cars take time and patience to do. A little at a time goes a long way. And na, I'm not turboing my car. It's gotta be reliable to last me for college and I don't have the money.
And I haven't ran the 1/4 in a long ass time because I've been on probation. But when I run it I'll let you know. And yeah, the H22A1 is in 92-96 Preludes. And the 5th gen, (97-01) have the H22A4.
__________________
1994 Honda Prelude Si H23A1 ![]() Me: Get new U-Joints, then your Ford won't suck as bad. Him: Do I need o-rings? Me: No you idiot. Him: Sorry, I've never replaced an O-Joint before Me: FAIL |
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
so why do u think i should get the 95 if they all have the same engine?
|
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
Well not just the 95. My friend has the 94 and it's fine. Actually beat a 95 at the 1/4. So it's really up to you.
__________________
1994 Honda Prelude Si H23A1 ![]() Me: Get new U-Joints, then your Ford won't suck as bad. Him: Do I need o-rings? Me: No you idiot. Him: Sorry, I've never replaced an O-Joint before Me: FAIL |
|
#14
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
and wat has he done?
i dono hard decisions |
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Prelude questions. help new guy
THe 94 VTEC that my friend has has intake, header, and cat-back exhaust. That's it. But it's a really good car. OBDII is far more difficult to tune after market than OBDI.
__________________
1994 Honda Prelude Si H23A1 ![]() Me: Get new U-Joints, then your Ford won't suck as bad. Him: Do I need o-rings? Me: No you idiot. Him: Sorry, I've never replaced an O-Joint before Me: FAIL |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|