|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
96 SC1 Dash lights do not work
A friend just bought a 96 SC1 and the dash lights do not work. Fuses are good and the tail lights work. I'm thinking it might be a bad dimmer switch. Any other thoughts????
Assuming on the outside chance I am right about the dimmer switch, how do you remove this switch? |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 96 SC1 Dash lights do not work
I would lean towards a badd dimmer also. Grab a volt meter and check resistance values as you turn the dial. IIRC you can pry it out with a screw driver, or reach behind it and push it out. I think there mayu be a tab on each side holding it in.
__________________
Present: '02 Sl1 Man '01 SC1 Man '97 Sl2 Auto '96 SL2 Auto '95 SC2 Man Past: '99 Sl2 Auto '97 Sl2 Man '98 SL2 Man '95 Sl2 Man '95 Sl2 Man '94 Sl2 man |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 96 SC1 Dash lights do not work
Quote:
learned that watchin my buddy try to change one on his sc1 for a week and swaped out column in like half n hour |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 96 SC1 Dash lights do not work
My sister had same car, same year, and same problem. I started out looking for fuses but all were fine. Replaced the dimmer switch and still nothing. Ended up taking it somewhere just to have someone tell me the bulbs were actually burned out! PITA to get to but a pretty cheap fix.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|