-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-18-2008, 09:21 PM
teddybake teddybake is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2001 wont crank-doesnt even try

when key is turned to on position there are no indicators lit on instrument panel like on the 1998 venture I own. radio lights and works, interior lights work, door open beeper works, heat/ac fan works. when I try to crank the radio light goes out but nothing happens. no clicking or even trying to turn over. replaced battery with new known good one I had and no difference. checked all fused both interior and under hood. swapped ignition relay with other of same type. the keys I have tried i have been using for four years. it is bothersome to me that none of the indicators on the instrument panel light when the key is turned on. any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-23-2008, 11:32 PM
dave_1976 dave_1976 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 wont crank-doesnt even try

Possibly a bad ignition switch. Get a wiring diagram and backprobe the plug under the dash with a test light to verify.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2008, 04:00 PM
meggabad meggabad is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 wont crank-doesnt even try

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_1976
Possibly a bad ignition switch. Get a wiring diagram and backprobe the plug under the dash with a test light to verify.
Very likely, and exactly what I was thinking before I even finished reading the symtoms. I just had to replace one on my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix with similair symtoms. I took the old one apart and there was an incredible ammount fo carbon build-up on the contacts.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts