-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
JoeShmoe's Avatar
JoeShmoe JoeShmoe is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to JoeShmoe
OBDII Serial Scanner.

So I am looking to buy this diagnostic adapter so I can read codes with my laptop. Has anyone ever used this, or anything like this? What do ya'll think?

http://www.obd2allinone.com/sc/details.asp?item=obd2ser
__________________
'98 Contuor SE, 2.5 V6 Auto Silver
'08 Altima 2.5S, Auto Super Black
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-05-2008, 07:31 PM
gthompson97's Avatar
gthompson97 gthompson97 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: OBDII Serial Scanner.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. We bought a standalone handheld one at Napa last year for all of the car work we do for like $80-something and I love it. Maybe try and wait for something like that to come up on ebay maybe, seems like it'd be a little more trustable than that adapter.
__________________
95 Talon TSI AWD

97 Eclipse GST

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-05-2008, 07:38 PM
SilvrEclipse's Avatar
SilvrEclipse SilvrEclipse is offline
Holset powered 420a
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,434
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse
Re: OBDII Serial Scanner.

That adapter looks fine. I have seen a lot of cheap ones online but that one should work fine. Just make sure that it supports our car and I would make sure that it have logging capabilities for when you start to tune.
__________________
98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-06-2008, 07:19 AM
JoeShmoe's Avatar
JoeShmoe JoeShmoe is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to JoeShmoe
Re: OBDII Serial Scanner.

I heard of it from my boss, he said it works fine. I'll have to research and see if it indeed does log.

***EDIT***
There is software for logging, and a bunch of other stuff too. I have the POS Vista on my laptop, I guess I'll have to make some phone calls to make sure it will be compatible.
__________________
'98 Contuor SE, 2.5 V6 Auto Silver
'08 Altima 2.5S, Auto Super Black
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-07-2008, 04:45 AM
gthompson97's Avatar
gthompson97 gthompson97 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97
Re: OBDII Serial Scanner.

I HATE Vista. I consider "downgrading" to XP more of an upgrade than anything. Sure Vista looks nice, but other than that, it always bugs out and crashes. Vista FTMFGDL!
__________________
95 Talon TSI AWD

97 Eclipse GST

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts