-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-14-2008, 10:42 PM
stang2244 stang2244 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fuel delivery/ Vaporlocking issues

I have a 99 S-10 2wd with the 2.2 liter 4 cylinder engine. After I have been driving for 15-20 minutes it will start to cut out/sputter and the motor dies. I typically cant get it to start back up for 20 minutes or so. The temp gauge never goes much above the 210 mark and I cant figure out whats wrong. It typically only does this when the weather is warmer outside. Also, I pull a small trailor and it tends to do it more often when I am pulling that. This problem doesn't occur everytime I drive it, just occasionally. I replaced the fuel filter and ran bg44k through the system but the problem hasn't gone away. Ive had the vehicle for about two years and it has only started doing this in the past month or two. I want to think its the fuel pump but when its not acting up it runs flawlessy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-15-2008, 08:11 AM
MT-2500's Avatar
MT-2500 MT-2500 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,690
Thanks: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 121 Posts
Re: Fuel delivery/ Vaporlocking issues

It is not a vapor lock.
Vapor lock went out of style years ago with the carb,s.
Fuel pressure and spark needs to be checked when it no starts.
MT
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems.
MT
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts