|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
slightly OT - tech tip
In the last week I've been working on 2 different vehicles with 2 different people. Both times I had to do something that required clean hands (I usually work barehanded unless it's cold). Anyway both times I pulled on a new pair of cheap latex gloves and answered the phone or took the picture. I do this routinely and it works really well. No taking 5 minutes to clean for the camera shot. I bought a box of really cheap gloves for this purpose and keep them by the door into my house. Once you're done with the "clean job" the gloves come off and back to work. So, I just thought I'd share this tip. This tip also applies when you're going to take a quick pee
PIper
__________________
----------- 2000 windstar 3.8 2010 honda pilot touring Muskoka Canada |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: slightly OT - tech tip
Piper -
Thanks for the hint. I need to get a big box of those gloves - I've used them in the past, but never seem to have them around when I really need them...
__________________
2000 Windstar LX 3.8 1995 Contour GL 2.5 1986 Mustang GT 5.0 --> Sold, but missed on sunny days |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: slightly OT - tech tip
my most recent find in these was from a store that sells to food service shops. The gloves are the ones employees use to wear when they cut meat or cheese at a deli counter. They are really thin, pretty loose almost like wearing saran wrap gloves. The come in a big box of about a million for 4 or 5 bucks.
Piper
__________________
----------- 2000 windstar 3.8 2010 honda pilot touring Muskoka Canada |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: slightly OT - tech tip
Yes I use them too.. also use mechanics brand gloves.. A little pricey but in sharp areas were the latex can tear I use them... Just every time I put the latex on I feel like a Doctor..
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: slightly OT - tech tip
When you need good grip and gloves won't do it (like finger tighting or gripping or when I need to reach deep down into the engine) and I get all the grease and grime up to my elbows, I get it all off my hands and arms with baby wipes...
It's unbelievable how quickly all the dirt and gunk comes off and how clean my hands and arms come out, not to mention the nice baby fresh smell. no body believes me when I say I was just fixing my cars.
__________________
---------------------------------------------- Current Rides: 2018 Honda Pilot EX-L - 3.5L V6 -{|}- 2004 Toyota Matrix XR 4WD 1.8 I4 ________________________________________ Past Rides: 2000 Ford Windstar LX - 3.8L V6 SFI - {|} - 2003 Ford Expedition XLT - 4.6L V8 SFI 2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS - 3.5L V6 SFI - {|} - 1991 Chevrolet Corsica LT - 3.1L V6 MFI 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan SE - 3.3L V6 MFI - {|} - 1980 Ford Mustang - 3.3L L6 1BBL ---------------------------------------------- |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: slightly OT - tech tip
Nobody believes you because you smell so baby fresh....you didn't change the oil.....you changed the baby!
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: slightly OT - tech tip
Also a good tip!! Sometimes I stop if someones having car problems.. I tend to get a grease spot on my shirt or pants.. I take GOJO hand cleaner and wipe it on the front and inside the fabric to make sure i get both sides of the stain. Every time I have done this the stains has come out.. But If I forget and wash and dry it the stain never goes away. So the GOJO trick really works.. Just put the hand cleaner on the stain rub it in real good then put it in the wash with regular detergent and it should come out.. Works for me.. But thats if its a fresh stain..
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|