-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Beretta
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-10-2008, 04:19 PM
foxtom2000 foxtom2000 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What did I do?!!!!!!

I blew a head gasket on my 94 Beretta 3.1. So I picked up a Chilton manual and followed the it the letter. Now it doesn't start unless I pump the throttle rapidly and when it starts, it runs like the timing is off, backfiring and really rough. It will not idle on its own at all and white smoke out the exhaust. I think I botched the job. Help please!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-15-2008, 07:25 PM
foxtom2000 foxtom2000 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What did I do?!!!!!!

OK. So No one has an idea. I should have taken the heads in to get done. Turns out I have 2 bad exhaust valves.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Johnny Mullet's Avatar
Johnny Mullet Johnny Mullet is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 968
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
Re: What did I do?!!!!!!

Changing the head gasket was done due to a compression issue I presume. There are more related issues than just the gasket. Everytime I pull a head, I flip it over and make sure all the valves are closed and do the "Water test". I simply pour water into the cumbustion part of the head and if it can't hold water, it can't compress air.
__________________



Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Beretta


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts