-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 PM
harleystroker2 harleystroker2 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Passport Sensor locations

1994 Honda Passport 3.2 A/T
I am having a problem with my engine temp gauge and I believe another with
my Coolant temp SENSOR. I have searched the forum but cannot find anything on their locations , I have read in the repair manual that the coolant sensor is mounted in the cross over tube but the manual is not clear on the engine they are talking about (2.6 or 3.2) . I just came in from looking at the engine(in the dark with a flash light so the daylight doesn't glare and block my vision.) I cannot see any thing that resembles the sensor/switches, I have looked under the intake, down the side of the engine, behind the engine, both sides of the intake manifold and followed the radiator hoses looking but cannot find them.
Any help for the visually handicapped?

Thanks,
Bob K.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 PM
FL 3.2L FL 3.2L is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 571
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Passport Sensor locations

In the 3.2L they are located on top of the water manifold at the back of the heads. Tough to see, even tougher to replace. I replaced my CTS when I had the valve covers and intake off. You can get at it by loosening the tranny mount and jacking the engine. If you go to myisuzuparts.com and look for the CTS you'll see it.
__________________
'97 Rodeo LS 4X2 Dueler Alenzas 4L-30E 200K
'96 Jetta 249K
'97 TJ 156K
'02 VW Cabrio 70K
'03 E46 107K
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2008, 07:23 PM
harleystroker2 harleystroker2 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Passport Sensor locations

Thanks for the answer, I will look tomorow to see what I can see.
Bob K.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts