|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
1995 Dodge Intrepid Won't Fire
3.3 L 125K miles. Occasional non-start & occasional cut-off at speed. Replaced camshaft location sensor. Replaced crankshaft location sensor. Now, won't start at all. Turns over strongly.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 1995 Dodge Intrepid Won't Fire
Quote:
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 1995 Dodge Intrepid Won't Fire
Has spark when cranking. There are codes but can't read them accurately. Need a scanner (don't have). Checked fuel and its ok.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 1995 Dodge Intrepid Won't Fire
You can't cycle the ignition switch and get some codes? What was the fuel pressure? Is there any cranking vacuum? Can you tell if the injectors are pulsing when the vehicle is cranking?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 1995 Dodge Intrepid Won't Fire
I don't have answers to your questions (I'm not a skilled mechanic). I did get a series of codes that I got after turning the ignition on and off three times, then turning on again. This is the series of codes that I got three different times. 12221774154
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 1995 Dodge Intrepid Won't Fire
You go (on/off---on/off--on). After what you replaced, you need to erase the codes, by disconnecting the negative battery cable for several seconds, then reconnect, check codes again. There should be a pause between each two digit code, 12 22 21 and so on. If there is a code 22 that would point to the CTS (coolent temp sensor), that sensor could keep your vehicle from starting. I can't tell you to replace without doing some testing. Sometimes when there is a bunch of codes, it points to a ground issue?
I've had some training, but, I'm basically a shadetree mechanic. I'm no different than yourself. |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 1995 Dodge Intrepid Won't Fire
Still no luck. A mechanic friend is going to bring a scanner suitable for a pre-obd-2. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 1995 Dodge Intrepid Won't Fire
Got it going. Scanner showed no camshaft signal at pcm. Removed camshaft sensor and found that cardboard spacer on the end had not been sheared off by the camshaft. Re-inserted sensor slightly deeper. Engine started, all other engine tests by scanner ok. Thanks for your interest. Hope this helps others.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 1995 Dodge Intrepid Won't Fire
Quote:
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|