-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
glenbinegar glenbinegar is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Question Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

Does anyone know the make model year and/or part number for the windsheild of the PGTWC cars (fiberglass bodied)? Glen
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-29-2008, 08:32 PM
btwog btwog is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

I would suspect the WC cars have the same windshield as the GTRAs, but not 100% sure. I was told the GTRAs use a Taurus windshield, but someone else on the board said it was a Mustang windshield. I would guess out of something like a '98 or '99 car. Another idea is to buy a sheet of lexan and cut it out. Probably a little weight savings as well. But usually there would need to be braces inside, so the interior wiper wouldnt work. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Gatorac's Avatar
Gatorac Gatorac is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 416
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

Mine is a plastic car. It has the windshield out of a 99 Mustang. That is what PAD told me. I got one out of the junkyard for $100. It fit. Same part numbers.

It is possible that the Taurus uses the same windshield. I wouldn't take chances though.
__________________
Have Fun

Jim Pomroy

96 Miata track car.
2012 Camaro SS.
Backdraft Racing Cobra #930
92 Miata "LemonDrop"
Saturn V Rocket Miata Crapcan #81
99 Miata daily driver.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
GTS#25's Avatar
GTS#25 GTS#25 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

The GTS uses the 99 Mustang windshield. Unfortunately, I have had to replace it a couple of times. For some reason they seem to crack very easily.
I would assume that the pgtwc would use the Mustang windshield as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2008, 06:04 AM
Squerly's Avatar
Squerly Squerly is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 410
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwog
...so the interior wiper wouldnt work. Hope that helps.
You guys have "interior" wipers??? Why doesn't my car have one? Looks like I have a hole in the dash to accomadate one but the wiper isn't there. WTF ???

__________________
Squerly

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
JML68's Avatar
JML68 JML68 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

The Winshield for any GT-RA, GT-WC and a GTS is the same as a 94-99 Mustang. The part # is DW-1169. Never had anything to do with the Taurus!
You have to pay special attention to the windshield reaining clamps and may need to "tweak" them so that they do not pinch, or apply point pressure to the glass. Make sure they have foam or rubber on the underside and the retention tab is on a similar plane as the glass.
Squerly: the "inside windshield wiper" was a silly request by the school when the cars were originally built, but we aim to please and the customer is always right. None of the GTS cars have them (and I'm pretty sure most don't want them!) but I'll bet some of the GT-RA guys concerned with light weighting will be removing them and might sell the set up to you if you want to add it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Squerly's Avatar
Squerly Squerly is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 410
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JML68
Squerly: the "inside windshield wiper" was a silly request by the school when the cars were originally built, but we aim to please and the customer is always right. None of the GTS cars have them (and I'm pretty sure most don't want them!) but I'll bet some of the GT-RA guys concerned with light weighting will be removing them and might sell the set up to you if you want to add it.
haha, no... that's fine. I can live without it. Just thought it was funny to have a wiper on the "inside" of the car. But I am slightly irritated that you guys forgot to put in a cassette...
__________________
Squerly

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2008, 01:26 PM
g8rbob's Avatar
g8rbob g8rbob is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

Thanks for the clarification John. Josh has been a great help to us as well.

I had mis-read the Part Number from the car's maintenance log but had contacted the indicated vendor, American Glass, and verified that the 94-99 Mustang Windshield was listed under their DW01169GBY.

We would have had one today but the local vendor "broke" it and is delivering tomorrow now!

Glen and I have the former Yellow #24 GTWC. (we will photo and debut the new color scheme in the next day or two)

Next track day - Chin Motorsports this weekend (3/8-9) at Roebling Road.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2008, 03:14 PM
David Eastman David Eastman is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 314
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

Glen I will be at Roebling as well. See you there.

David
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Cobra4B's Avatar
Cobra4B Cobra4B is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,396
Thanks: 71
Thanked 63 Times in 58 Posts
Re: Part number for PGTWC windsheild?

My inside wiper looked like shit and didn't do anything for me as far as seeing... plus the motor on the outside looked horrible and hit the hood so I took it all out and sealed the holes, much cleaner look.
__________________
Brian B.
Panoz GTRA - LS1 swap in progress
#4 Z06 - NASA ST3/TT3
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts