-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Jmalbright Jmalbright is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 23
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Alero Main Electrical System Wiring

Hello,
I am looking to do what is known in the car audio world as a "big three" electrical system upgrade on my 2004 Alero with a 3400 engine. This upgrade involves replacing/adding heavier gauge wires from (1) Alternator positive to the battery positive, (2) Battery negative to chassis, and (3) Engine ground to chassis. More about this upgrade can be found here: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...TID=73496&PN=1


Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had an Alero engine wiring diagram so I could see exactly how involved this process is going to be. The one I am most concerned about is (3) because I have no idea where this wire originates and ends. I'm also not 100% sure on the route of (1) as it seems to weave in and out of the engine. Lastly, it would be nice to know exactly where (2) connects to the chassis and how difficult this area will be to access.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts