-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-14-2001, 06:16 PM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Need help on what to offer.

Well, I have been looking for the final body panels for my civic. I have been talking with a guy who has what I need. The only thing, is I dont know what to offer for them all. Maybe you all could help me get some numbers. Here is what I need, and what he has:


Hood
Both fenders
All lights,
bumper support,
misc. brakets for lights, etc.

I know the prices that Junkyards offer, and that is a rip off. But I can get a front clip for $350, it will just be off a brown DX. I want to save as much painting as possible, since I hate to paint.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-14-2001, 10:38 PM
JD@af's Avatar
JD@af JD@af is offline
Missing in action
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,954
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Hmmm... here is my take on your shopping list:

Hood... range of $300 to $500
Both fenders... around $300 to $350
All lights... around $200 to $250
bumper support... $75 to $100
misc. brakets for lights... perhaps $25 to $50

These are estimates based on pricing where you are not getting a deal, but paying near the value of new components.. and as long as what you are getting is in good shape, it has been my experience that this is how these items are priced. Any chance of finding a deal on a complete, used front end? This might save you some money in the long run, even though you only need certain parts.

I forget, tell me what you have for an engine under the hood again. With a little luck, my new B16A will be in my GS-R on Wednesday, and even though I had planned to keep my GS-R's B18C1, I could recover quite a bit of money by selling it. Plus if I hold on to it, I don't think it will be worth much in a few years. It won't be long, in my opinion, before the current Honda reverese rotation line-up of engines falls by the way side of the newer, formidable K series engines.

Anyway, I am just feeling around to see if anyone is interested. I would maybe build a 92-95 Civic hatch with this engine, but the effort with my GS-R has been so great, the financial strain so crippling, that I don't know if I would want to do this again. Good luck kris, let us know if you need more help or have more questions-

-JD
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2001, 01:31 PM
Racing Rice's Avatar
Racing Rice Racing Rice is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 658
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Racing Rice Send a message via AIM to Racing Rice
You could check out http://www.autobodypanels.com/ to get some ideas..
__________________
Racing Rice
Cars:
'97 Civic EX, '02 Explorer Eddie Bauer, '99 Isuzu Amigo 4x4

Bikes:
'05 Suzuki DL650 Vstrom, '05 Yamaha Raptor 660R
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2001, 09:01 PM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Wow JD, those prices are killer. I am planning on getting a CF hood, and for those prices I could.

I just offered him $225, and he said that was fine. He is even going to pay half the shipping charge. The only part I am needing now are the radiator supports, and the radiator. I am planning on getting a radiator from the Del Slo anyways, just for the extra protection. I already have a B16 with a 50 shot dropped in, and wired up. I just need to get the body fixed, and I will be all set.

I did look into the front clip from a 91' DX. They were asking $350 for that. I would have jumped on it, but it was that nasty gold color. These parts are all red, so I can slap them on, and not have to worry about paint right away.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-16-2001, 11:29 AM
JD@af's Avatar
JD@af JD@af is offline
Missing in action
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,954
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Exclamation kris

Let me get this straight:
You're getting hood, both fenders, all lights, bumper support, and miscellaneous brakets for lights, all for $225?
Dude, you are making out like a BANDIT!! Nice going.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-2001, 02:04 PM
kris's Avatar
kris kris is offline
Off playing with fire.
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 10,371
Thanks: 22
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Re: kris

Quote:
Originally posted by JD@af
Let me get this straight:
You're getting hood, both fenders, all lights, bumper support, and miscellaneous brakets for lights, all for $225?
Dude, you are making out like a BANDIT!! Nice going.
bling bling bling. We have a winner
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2001, 02:19 PM
JD@af's Avatar
JD@af JD@af is offline
Missing in action
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,954
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Re: Re: kris

Quote:
Originally posted by kbslacker
bling bling bling. We have a winner
Right on!! :ylsuper
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts