-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-23-2008, 06:41 PM
saturn_Kitsune_329 saturn_Kitsune_329 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
don't wanna do it

Ok, well I had to take out the motor to change the clutch in my 98 Sc1. Not that big of a deal to do it once. Well my Slave cylinder dosn't have any pressure to it now (by the way, I found a way to bleed the slave cylinders on them, it's not the easiest thing to do but it bled it just fine.) So I had to get a new one. Question is, do I have to rip the entire motor back out or can I just drop the tranny mounts and do it that way with a bit of ingenuity?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2008, 12:46 AM
RC1488 RC1488 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 982
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: don't wanna do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_Kitsune_329
Ok, well I had to take out the motor to change the clutch in my 98 Sc1. Not that big of a deal to do it once. Well my Slave cylinder dosn't have any pressure to it now (by the way, I found a way to bleed the slave cylinders on them, it's not the easiest thing to do but it bled it just fine.) So I had to get a new one. Question is, do I have to rip the entire motor back out or can I just drop the tranny mounts and do it that way with a bit of ingenuity?
your slave cylinder went bc you more than likely did not secure it properly. this has happened many times unfortunetly. Also the hydrualic should NEVER have to be bleed. they are sealed at the factory, and if any bleeding is needed, you need hydrualics.

you need to buy the master and slave cylinder as a whole. buying one or the other will lead to problems later on. you do NOT need to remove the entire engine/tranny to replace them. lowering of the cradle may help but ive heard it done with out touching anything else. it is important NOT to press the clutch when the slave cylinder is not in the transmission. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saturn > SC/SL/SW


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts