-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-14-2008, 12:21 PM
HoosiersUp HoosiersUp is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rear-facing third row seat

Has anyone one here ever installed an aftermarket third row seat in a Taurus station wagon?

I've got a '99 wagon, and I've seen kits complete with belts for $300 to $400.

I'm wondering mostly if they are safe - obviously the seats are for my kids and safety is #1 for them. I can't seem to find any info on the www concerning the safety of these things.

Secondly, I'm curious about the difficultly. I'm a scientist, NOT a mechanic. I do my own oil changes, brake pads, minor repairs, etc., but major items/issues I take to the shop.

I've got almost 160K on this thing, she's treated quite well, and I really would like to keep her until the kids are too big to fit in it! (With four of them - they don't fit right now! - unless I add the extra seat...)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
TaurusKing TaurusKing is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 449
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Rear-facing third row seat

"When a minivan with a third-row occupant is hit from behind, the occupant is killed half the time, according to a Ford Motor analysis." I took that off of this page;
http://www.usatoday.com/money/covers...eat-safety.htm

I have 3rd seats in both of my Taurus wagons, only time my 2 boys were allowed in them was when the car was sitting in the driveway..
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts