-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
View Poll Results: Did you watch? Did you like?
Watched it. Liked it. 4 40.00%
Watched it.... lame 2 20.00%
Didn't watch that cheap imitation 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-13-2008, 09:56 PM
00accord44's Avatar
00accord44 00accord44 is offline
High on Potenuse
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,575
Thanks: 320
Thanked 407 Times in 346 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Terminator

So did anybody watch the premier of The Sarah Connor Chronicles? Well if you didn't and you liked the movies then I highly suggest you tune in tomorrow at 8cst to Fox for episode 1.5.

Is anybody else that watched it impressed with the way the made the girl badass? I wasn't really sure how pimp this show was really gonna be but it didn't disappoint. The effects were damn movie quality. I'm wondering what kind of budget they're working with. But if even 50% of Terminator movie fans convert to tv show fans then they've got a hit. Not only that, but I'm about to pop in my titanium edition T2 in the dvd player tonight opcorn:
__________________
ECNATSISER AL AVIV

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Damien's Avatar
Damien Damien is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Damien Send a message via MSN to Damien
Re: Terminator

Tivoed, watching it tomorrow.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:34 AM
BLU CIVIC's Avatar
BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC is offline
調整器
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 12,255
Thanks: 11
Thanked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
Re: Terminator

i know what happens at the end
__________________
The name's Adrian
1990 Civic HB Si - 265.7whp/223tq @9.2psi. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 296.3whp/230tq @1bar. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 AM
BrodyP's Avatar
BrodyP BrodyP is offline
AF -Advisor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,563
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
Tivoed, watching it tomorrow.
same same
__________________
03.IS300.MT.LSD. 'Supra in Training'

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Steel's Avatar
Steel Steel is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Terminator

Lame lame lame lame. Completely throws away the storyline of the original movies. The only good part is that Summer Glau is a fine example of hotness, and you get to use your minds eye to see her nekkid towards the end of that first episode. Otherwise complete disappointment. This show won't make it past one season.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2008, 01:28 PM
sickcallawayc12's Avatar
sickcallawayc12 sickcallawayc12 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,472
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Terminator

I don't see how the show could be good, but I don't find TV in general that entertaining either. I remember seeing T3 on that July 4th weekend oh so long ago and I felt the movie brought the series downhill, despite that it was an okay movie. Fox has a good track record with shows like these, it seems, so I may watch a couple of episodes to see if its worth renting/buying on DVD.
__________________
1998 Chevrolet Blazer LT (95% stock)
Pioneer AVH-P7500 DVD receiver
12" Alpine Type-R in a sealed box
PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs
K & N drop-in filter

"Melo" and "AI". Enough said.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
dumb ass dumb ass is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Terminator

Lame and boring.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
00accord44's Avatar
00accord44 00accord44 is offline
High on Potenuse
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,575
Thanks: 320
Thanked 407 Times in 346 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Re: Terminator

^You aren't IP banned yet?
__________________
ECNATSISER AL AVIV

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
dumb ass dumb ass is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00accord44
^You aren't IP banned yet?
I didn't like it. I derived no entertainment from it, and I adore T2.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-14-2008, 10:27 PM
xeroinfinity's Avatar
xeroinfinity xeroinfinity is offline
out saving the world
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,707
Thanks: 8
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Re: Terminator

Quote:
^You aren't IP banned yet?
It wont be long now........


ps missed todays episode, and I guess the 1st episode.
__________________
1999 Grand Am SS 3.4 OHV
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-15-2008, 03:53 AM
00accord44's Avatar
00accord44 00accord44 is offline
High on Potenuse
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,575
Thanks: 320
Thanked 407 Times in 346 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Re: Terminator

Its good stuff I'm telling you. The main deviation from the movie characters that bothers me is that John acts like kind of a pussy sometimes and in the movies he was anything but pussy. Other than that, all the differences between movie and show are within reason... and plus if they left everything exactly like the movies, they would only have like 4 episodes of show to make. I'll be watching...
__________________
ECNATSISER AL AVIV

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
BrodyP's Avatar
BrodyP BrodyP is offline
AF -Advisor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,563
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Terminator

Aside from the poor editing I really enjoyed the show. I was a bit on the fence at first, but 3/4 of the way through it tied together with a good story line for future episodes.
__________________
03.IS300.MT.LSD. 'Supra in Training'

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:16 PM
00accord44's Avatar
00accord44 00accord44 is offline
High on Potenuse
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,575
Thanks: 320
Thanked 407 Times in 346 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Re: Terminator

Poor editing? I didn't notice... but I was on the chiba when I watched so it could have easily passed me by

But I definitely like the storyline so far. I'm wondering how the skinless terminator will play out. And I also wanna know how long before that EMT/cop/whatever completely flips and goes full terminator after John.

I've made it a point to not get hooked on any tv series in a long time but this Terminator has me hooked.
__________________
ECNATSISER AL AVIV

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Damien's Avatar
Damien Damien is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Damien Send a message via MSN to Damien
Re: Terminator

It doesn't throw out the reg plotline and aniwho, it'll make it harder considering there's talk of a 4th movie. Go figure. Aniwho, I loved it and Summer is...wow. John is kind of a puss, but I'm sure it'll an out. As a kid he wasn't afraid, but they kept running and running and at 15 all I would want is a girl and not to run. I'be tired and want to give up too.

It actually makes sense. Can't wait, one problem. They are putting this up againist Heroes? are they insane? I guess with the writer's strike though, I think Heroes is on hold.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-16-2008, 12:15 AM
00accord44's Avatar
00accord44 00accord44 is offline
High on Potenuse
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,575
Thanks: 320
Thanked 407 Times in 346 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Re: Terminator

A 4th movie? Aye dios mio give it a rest already with sequels to franchises that started in the 80s! Anyways, I'd gladly take this show over a new movie installment. I think this could last at least 2 quality seasons. Season 1 looks to be all about finding the new origin of Cyberdyne/Skynet so season 2 could definitely be about trying to take down Cyberdyne. Maybe there could be a season 3 about the war

As for Heroes, thats yet another show I've never seen for fear of getting hooked. It can disappear for all I care. I'm all about Terminator on mondays
__________________
ECNATSISER AL AVIV

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts