-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 PM
erupert's Avatar
erupert erupert is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No power mirrors/window locks in '97 Cherokee

I just picked up a '97 Cherokee Sport at auction. The power windows work from the driver's door along with the power door locks. The mirror controls don't work and the lockout for the other window controls doesn't work either. Don't have a service manual yet but found a fuse listing here in the forum indicating that #18 controlled both of these functions. That fuse was missing. Figuring that maybe there's an intermittant short so someone pulled the fuse, I reinstalled but it doesn't work and doesn't blow the fuse. I have the door panel off and I pulled the plug to test for voltage. Until a get a schematic, I can't be totally sure, but there are two wires of a much heavier guage, one black and one yellow. I am thinking that they are power and ground. However, putting a meter on it doesn't show any voltage.

Saw someone else with a prob in this area and saw the control pad for sale. Wondering if it's a known prob and where to look.

Any help appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 AM
AlohaBra's Avatar
AlohaBra AlohaBra is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,471
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: No power mirrors/window locks in '97 Cherokee

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=668790

Start with this link.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-03-2008, 09:35 AM
erupert's Avatar
erupert erupert is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No power mirrors/window locks in '97 Cherokee

Thanks. Will try this modification tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-21-2008, 05:06 PM
erupert's Avatar
erupert erupert is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No power mirrors/window locks in '97 Cherokee

Update - I did the yellow to red wire bypass on the pwr window switch and that worked great. Thanks. However, I still have no power mirrors and I am stumped. I've checked all my fuses and none are blown. There's power there as well. I've looked at the schematics and I am not that good reading them so here's what I am looking for:

1) Is there supposed to be pwr in the upper connector to the back of the controller on the door? If so, which lead? I can't seem to find pwr on that connector.
2) What leads are power back out from the mirror to the actual mirror motors? Guess I could pull a mirror and see if one of those leads has power.

Any other ideas? Is there a relay anywhere in this segment of the system. The Haynes book (yeah I know, crap, but all I could get my hands on), shows multiple schematics for a '97 Cherokee. This is a sport with automatic and 4 doors.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts