|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Power Steering
Power steering seems to be making a lot of noise. May need pump???
Syptoms are: 1 Some squealing when first started. 2 More squeling when turning wheel. 3 Seems to get better as car warms up. 4 Pump looks a little wet, but resevoir is just at low level. Any other possibilities besides power steering pump?? How much???? 97 rodeo
__________________
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1997 Izuzu Rodeo LS 4WD |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Power Steering
You could be in need of a new belt and/or belt tensioner.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Power Steering
Belt is fairly new and tight.
__________________
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1997 Izuzu Rodeo LS 4WD |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Power Steering
I replaced power steering pump. A pain to get out, but it was definetly the problem. My question is how to get all the fluid flushed out??? I drained all I could from hoses, I cleaned the reservoir. But after running a while, fluid is brown.
__________________
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1997 Izuzu Rodeo LS 4WD |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Power Steering
Its a pain to do. Need 2 ppl. Run the hose that returns the fluid to the reservoir to a drain pan. Plug the open fitting on the reservoir. Have a helper start the engine and turn the steering wheel side to side while you pour fresh fluid in.
Doing mine myself I went through a few quarts of fluid and made a big mess. Since I couldnt pour and turn the wheels at the same time I didnt get all mine flushed. Will just have to do.
__________________
--Dave 1999 Rodeo LS 3.2 4x4 5 Speed 32x11.50-15 BFG T/A KO 3" Lift - Rancho 9000x Rear No-Slip Locker Flowmaster 2.25" 50 Series There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|