-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-31-2007, 04:34 PM
pieknabestia pieknabestia is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

1997 GSX, when I turn my headlights' my horn strats beeping, and all stays on when I turn my lights off ( tails go off, parking lights go off, just my horn and headlights stay on... not high beam) I checked my fuses they seem fine, I Checked relays for the lights, the big black realay under the hood seems good, when pooled off the box, lights go off, but when back IN lights come on again, with the swith in car still on off position, same with horn, only way to turn all off, is to pull the battery out, pls if got any ideas help me, no alarm in car that i know about, I just rebuld the motor with bigger turbo, cause recently got the car, car was not running. So now I got it to drive, but I got my electrical problem, ooo my windows dont work eather, and fan speed (heat\cool fan knob) does not work... thnaks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-31-2007, 04:42 PM
SilvrEclipse's Avatar
SilvrEclipse SilvrEclipse is offline
Holset powered 420a
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,434
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Welcome to AF.

You have got to type better sentences. I can barely even understand what the problem is. There is not one period in the whole paragraph you wrote. Now Im not trying to be a grammar prick but when we can't understand your problem then we cant help you. Also a lot of people wont even bother trying to understand what you wrote with sentence structure like that. Please try harder in the future.
__________________
98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrEclipse
a lot of people wont even bother trying to understand what you wrote with sentence structure like that.
Word to that. I got about a line and a half in and said fuck it.

Also, please post in the right subforums.
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-31-2007, 05:43 PM
pieknabestia pieknabestia is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Dudes,

Im not from usa, So my fucken english is as good as it get's, I don't giva a fuck if u help me, fucken kids that got some mitsubishis, and don't know shit about electrical anyways, I need someone to help me with stupid eclipse not my grammar... So eather help or fuck yourself, Oo yea Eclipse=cheap shit, worst beather I ever gotten... Thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-31-2007, 05:51 PM
RaeRae1's Avatar
RaeRae1 RaeRae1 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RaeRae1
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieknabestia
Dudes,

Im not from usa, So my fucken english is as good as it get's, I don't giva a fuck if u help me, fucken kids that got some mitsubishis, and don't know shit about electrical anyways, I need someone to help me with stupid eclipse not my grammar... So eather help or fuck yourself, Oo yea Eclipse=cheap shit, worst beather I ever gotten... Thanks
Just a word of advice - if you want someone to help you... for free... calling them names and getting pissed at them won't help. The guys and girls on this forum are amoung the very best and they help numerous people every day. From the USA or not, we still cannot help you if you cannot describe to us what your problem really is in english. Do you really want help or not? Relax and try again or gtfo.
__________________
Blessed are the cracked ones, for they are the ones that let in the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72chevelleOhio
Your cheer-mobile needs a flat tire.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieknabestia
Dudes,

Im not from usa, So my fucken english is as good as it get's, I don't giva a fuck if u help me, fucken kids that got some mitsubishis, and don't know shit about electrical anyways, I need someone to help me with stupid eclipse not my grammar... So eather help or fuck yourself, Oo yea Eclipse=cheap shit, worst beather I ever gotten... Thanks


Or you could go fuck YOURSELF...

You jump our shit before most of us even get a chance to post a reply to your question. I don't like that at all... Oh yeah, and I am NOT a "fuckin" kid with a Mitsubishi. I could probably run circles around you all day long with electronics. Get your shit straight and change the attitude or you won't get any help from us at all.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-31-2007, 08:23 PM
JoeShmoe's Avatar
JoeShmoe JoeShmoe is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to JoeShmoe
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

I'm an electrical engineer....not trying to blow smoke up my ass but I have been for over 2 years now. Your not gonna get any help talking like that, so what is the problem again?
__________________
'98 Contuor SE, 2.5 V6 Auto Silver
'08 Altima 2.5S, Auto Super Black
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-31-2007, 11:22 PM
RaeRae1's Avatar
RaeRae1 RaeRae1 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RaeRae1
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Does the car have keyless entry? Could be a short in that system.
__________________
Blessed are the cracked ones, for they are the ones that let in the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72chevelleOhio
Your cheer-mobile needs a flat tire.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-01-2008, 01:00 AM
pieknabestia pieknabestia is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRae1
Does the car have keyless entry? Could be a short in that system.

hey, thanx... not that I know, it had a alarm cause I got remots from it, but not any more, so I cant find any extra boxes from the alarm under the steering wheel, Its weird how it gets power after I turn the lights off(power to the lights), but sometimes the horn goes on after I turn the lights off, and sometimes the horn comes with the lights... hey if got any ideas please help, and is the explaination of my problem that bad??? Thanx again
__________________

Last edited by pieknabestia; 01-01-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-01-2008, 01:05 AM
pieknabestia pieknabestia is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShmoeAltima
I'm an electrical engineer....not trying to blow smoke up my ass but I have been for over 2 years now. Your not gonna get any help talking like that, so what is the problem again?
my problem was with the silver something... not all the others, and the 2nd replay, SORRY if anyone got offended... im trying to explain best to my knowlage and thay are just lughffing at my grammar and spelling... sorry english is my extra language, not even 2nd...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-01-2008, 01:07 AM
pieknabestia pieknabestia is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64


Or you could go fuck YOURSELF...

You jump our shit before most of us even get a chance to post a reply to your question. I don't like that at all... Oh yeah, and I am NOT a "fuckin" kid with a Mitsubishi. I could probably run circles around you all day long with electronics. Get your shit straight and change the attitude or you won't get any help from us at all.
It was to thor and slvreclipse, not to all... And Im Sorry like I said, I dont need help with my spelling or grammar, I need help with my electrical... Thanx. And yes, u could run circles around me with electronics. If it comes to that Im dumb
__________________

Last edited by pieknabestia; 01-01-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-01-2008, 01:17 AM
pieknabestia pieknabestia is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeRae1
Just a word of advice - if you want someone to help you... for free... calling them names and getting pissed at them won't help. The guys and girls on this forum are amoung the very best and they help numerous people every day. From the USA or not, we still cannot help you if you cannot describe to us what your problem really is in english. Do you really want help or not? Relax and try again or gtfo.
Thanx for the advice, but it was not to u eather, Sorry if my explanation was bad, but it was the best that I could describe it... so thor and silvereclipse, can suck my dick, cause thay are little kids, thay should ask, if something was not clear to them in my explanation. Im not good with electrical stuff, so I tried to get help here, but the help im getting is with my grammar, I build cars, and im known in europe, for some quick cars, like supras(mkIV), r32s(VW TURBO), but its my first eclipse project, and I guess ill take it to my electrician, cause good help is hard to find in usa... just wondering whats a common problem with gsx's???? except electrical, and I just love how headlights fit in these... lol
__________________

Last edited by pieknabestia; 01-01-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Ok, I read Thor and Silvers responses and they were not being that harsh about the grammar. They just made mention to how important it is for proper clear communication of what the problem actually is. I even have a hard time understanding the exact problem here. All I know is your lights start to flash and your horn is beeping when you turn? Or is it they flash and the horn beeps when you turn the lights on? I am confused as to what is actually setting off the factory alarm. Do you have the green security light lit up on the dash when you are in it?

(What is your native language? Maybe somebody here can translate for us so we can have better communication about the problem and solution. Or are you able to read the English pretty well?)
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-01-2008, 10:36 AM
JoeShmoe's Avatar
JoeShmoe JoeShmoe is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to JoeShmoe
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Ok, some wires are definately in the wrong place. I would look at the color of the wires running to the horn and running to the lights. What color are all the different component wires? Could they have gotten switched around during the rebuild?
__________________
'98 Contuor SE, 2.5 V6 Auto Silver
'08 Altima 2.5S, Auto Super Black
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-01-2008, 12:03 PM
pieknabestia pieknabestia is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help, lights on horn comes on lights off and all stays on???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
Ok, I read Thor and Silvers responses and they were not being that harsh about the grammar. They just made mention to how important it is for proper clear communication of what the problem actually is. I even have a hard time understanding the exact problem here. All I know is your lights start to flash and your horn is beeping when you turn? Or is it they flash and the horn beeps when you turn the lights on? I am confused as to what is actually setting off the factory alarm. Do you have the green security light lit up on the dash when you are in it?

(What is your native language? Maybe somebody here can translate for us so we can have better communication about the problem and solution. Or are you able to read the English pretty well?)
To make it clear, when I turn my lights ON, they turn ON normal, but my horn Turns ON with them and just Beeps, Just like u hit the horn and never let go, and only way to stop it all is to pull the braker or battery... Lights don't flash, the horn doesnt take brakes beeping, its constant beep...
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts