|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I HAVE A 1990 HONDA CIVIC HB AND ABOUT TO PURCHASE FRONT AND REAR LOWER TIE RODS....IN GETTING THESE CAN I STILL PUT ON SWAY BARS OR DO I NOT NEED THEM?
__________________
The name's Adrian 1990 Civic HB Si - 265.7whp/223tq @9.2psi. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 296.3whp/230tq @1bar. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock 2011 CR-Z - Stock |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
yes a tie bars connect your suspension together from underneath your car, whereas the sway bars are on the top so you can have both.
__________________
Name: Scott Stable Of Cars I have Owned: 1991 Honda CRX 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2003 Honda Accord 1998 Chrysler Concorde 2007 Honda Civic 1997 Toyota Camry 1995 Saturn SC2 1996 Ford Taurus 1991 GMC Sierra 2002 Daewoo Leganza 1999 Dodge Ram 2007 Honda CR-V 2003 BMW 325i |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
ARE BOTH NEEDED OR NECESSARY
__________________
The name's Adrian 1990 Civic HB Si - 265.7whp/223tq @9.2psi. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 296.3whp/230tq @1bar. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock 2011 CR-Z - Stock |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
When you say tie bars do you mean strut bars?
You will feel a bigger improvement in turning with sway bars. Strut bars are really if you have your suspension done to the fullest and you really push your car HARD!
__________________
Sponsored by: KAM Racing Sports, Falken Tires, Finish First Polish, Brady's High Performance, Taggart Performance Engineering, Rotora Brakes Autocross is: 90% driver, 5% car, & 5% CRAZY MOJO!Autocross Help Page Buy my Civic parts! |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
trying to do my suspension to the fullest b/c i like cornering and mabey autocross some day...here's how my suspension should look by the end of the month:
aerospeed coilovers kyb-agx shocks suspension techniquies front sway bar suspension techniques rear sway bar front upper strut bar rear upper strut bar matrix racing front lower strut support matrix racing rear lower strut support energy suspension kit
__________________
The name's Adrian 1990 Civic HB Si - 265.7whp/223tq @9.2psi. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 296.3whp/230tq @1bar. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock 2011 CR-Z - Stock |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
And the other company Matrix. I don't see any of their products on "performance" oriented cars. Another piece of crap. I would go with at least Skunk2 coilovers OR Ground Control coilovers. At least you are getting a decent coilover setup. But then you might want to bump up your shocks to something better. The KYBs cannot handle the higer spring loads of the coilovers. I would go with at least Tokico Illuminas OR Koni Yellows. Don't waste your money with crap stuff when you will have to replace them again and spend more money.
__________________
Sponsored by: KAM Racing Sports, Falken Tires, Finish First Polish, Brady's High Performance, Taggart Performance Engineering, Rotora Brakes Autocross is: 90% driver, 5% car, & 5% CRAZY MOJO!Autocross Help Page Buy my Civic parts! |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
THE AEROSPEED SPRINGS WERE MY FIRST BIG PURCHASE WHEN I STARTED THE WHOLE THINGWITH MY CAR BACK IN MAY AND DECIDED TO JUST KEEP THEM AND GET ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS....AND THE MATRIX RACING..THEY'RE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT I'VE SEEN THAT MAKE FRONT AND REAR LOWER TIE BARS FOR MY CAR...BESIDES DC SPORTS
__________________
The name's Adrian 1990 Civic HB Si - 265.7whp/223tq @9.2psi. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 296.3whp/230tq @1bar. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock 2011 CR-Z - Stock |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'd have to agree with CivicSi on what he said. You don't want generic type parts on your car, you need something that is actually built to handle the strains that something like auto-x will put on your car. You don't want to spend money on parts that'll either fail on you, or just not give you the performance you were expecting. Not to mention Arospeed coils are known to have a terrible ride feel, and squeak often while you drive.
__________________
Silver '00 Civic EJ6 Coupe PureHonda original member since Feb. 2000 D-series revolution For pics of my baby, click here! All rights reserved... All BITERS served! "The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket." i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift hessemer69 on AIM |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'll make the caveat and say that if it works for you, then go for it. Name brands are good, and in fact might be excellent, but then on the other hand it might all just be hype. Just because a no-name or even generic product is used, doesn't mean it will not perform well or may actually be even better than named products. Of course, on the other hand, named products are trusted by people, and if money is an issue then go for what most think is best to save you headache later. But if you have money to blow, then you might want to experiment with different products until you find one which suits you.
Bottomline is, go for what you think would work best for you.
__________________
Admin of PGamers Forum 1993 Honda Civic ESi (Sailor Mars) My wish list--I need help in this project: http://pikarod.fateback.com/car3.html Last edited by Milliardo; 02-08-2003 at 08:38 PM. |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
thanx for the help....
__________________
The name's Adrian 1990 Civic HB Si - 265.7whp/223tq @9.2psi. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 296.3whp/230tq @1bar. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock 2011 CR-Z - Stock |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
that above. If it'll work for you then go for it, but I wouldn't recommend anything more than just street driving with a no-name bar. You gotta have something strong and reliable for competition or just plain hard use. To be honest, my first suspension mod was an upper strut tower bar, and I noticed a big difference with it. Steering and ride seemed more stable on the freeway, and cornering was a tadsy bit better. It was a Pilot Motorsport bar BTW, which is basically like any other generic no name bar. Then I had to take it off when I got my short ram intake. Then before I got my current Neuspeed bar that I have right now, I did other stuff to my suspension, (added lower tie bar, rear swaybar from 6th gen Si, new wheels and tires, and then got my Tein coilovers) and since I had all that, when I put on the Neuspeed bar, I couldn't even tell the difference. The other parts had stiffend things up enough that the bar made no real differance, I know right now though it helps counter some of the understeer my car would have normally.
__________________
Silver '00 Civic EJ6 Coupe PureHonda original member since Feb. 2000 D-series revolution For pics of my baby, click here! All rights reserved... All BITERS served! "The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket." i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift hessemer69 on AIM |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|