Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X5
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 11:00 AM   #1
jgolaw
AF Newbie

2003 x5 4.6 si limited edition? upgrade from 4.4 definitely worth it!

i recently purchased a 2003 x5 4.6 si. was it a salespitch when the bmw salesperson told me that the 4.6 is made on a limited basis and very difficult to find? he said that bmw only makes 400 for the u.s. per year. he also said that because very few are made --dealers often mark up the price of the 4.6 anywhere from 10K to 20K. i bought mine at msrp (66K)and i know that the local dealer (bert ogden bmw--south texas) has not had a 4.6 in their parking lot that last two years. yet, i have not been able to independently confirm this information.

by the way, i had a 2002 x5 4.4 for approximately 6 months prior to trading it in for a 4.6 and had no problems whatsoever (mechanical, electrical, etc.) apparently, this was a problem with 2001 model.

the 4.6 is significantly improved in the way it handles bumps on the road. as some would say, "its road manners are definitely much better." though more powerful, it accelerates and handles every day bumps in a way that is appreciably more civilized for daily driving. the 4.4 was noticeably rougher at take off than the 4.6. and when going over seemingly insignificant bumps. another improvement on the 4.6 is that the seats i believe are much more comfortable. i guess you can say i am very pleased with the upgrade.
jgolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:56 PM   #2
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
well you got your 4.6iS for 66000$???
wow here in germany you don´t get a used x5 4.6iS with about 5000km under 85000$

did you upgrade the 4.4 or bought a new car?

what´s your consumption of gas for 100km/60miles?
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:59 AM   #3
jgolaw
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 x5 4.6 si limited edition? upgrade from 4.4 definitely worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menu dei Motori
well you got your 4.6iS for 66000$???
wow here in germany you don´t get a used x5 4.6iS with about 5000km under 85000$

did you upgrade the 4.4 or bought a new car? i bought a new 4.6is and traded in my 4.4.

i wonder if i can get top dollar for my 4.6 today since they didn't produce any this year. at least in the states. what do you think???

what´s your consumption of gas for 100km/60miles?
11 miles per gallon.

sorry i took so late to reply. it took very long to get replies to my questions i gave up on looking for responses until this morning--about a year later!!!!

anyway, thanks for responding.

do you have any idea what the 4.8 will look like? why don't they just make an m5 version of the x5. that would be pretty awesome!
jgolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:26 AM   #4
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
hi. i haven´t been here for a long time. i think for over 6 month! uff what a long time.

i hope you´re happy with your x5 still have it?

the 4.8 will be released soon :-)
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X5