-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Sable
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-21-2007, 07:42 PM
SendMeASong30 SendMeASong30 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
99 Mercury Sable Power Failure

Ok, so I am new at this, but I really need some help.

I have a 99 Sable which has given me a bit of trouble lately. Over the summer I completely re-did the breaks, which was a pain in the neck, but now its doing this strange thing where if I am stuck in traffic, or I have many red lights, the power starts to die out. The fans will stop working for the heater, the dash will dim, the clock will dim, and the car will start making a low whine, though it doesn't stall out.

The moment I step on the accellerator, however, it picks back up until I take my foot off, so I've resorted to putting the car in neutral at long stops and revving the engine. However, if this happens and I stop the car, I end up needing a jump. A jump will let me drive normally again for awhile - especially if I take a long trip on the highway or something - it is almost as if it re-charges.

One shop tested my battery and said it was fine, and they couldn't determine any problems, so I don't know what to do. Help!

~Frustrated Sable Owner
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 PM
DistanceGuy1's Avatar
DistanceGuy1 DistanceGuy1 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 153
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 99 Mercury Sable Power Failure

Two possible culprits: Voltage Regulator or Alternator gone bad. AutoZone should be able to check your Alternator fo
-0-. Not sure about the VR though
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mercury > Sable


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts