|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
some times wont start
First thanks for reading my post
I have a 1987 Cherokee pioneer with the 4.0 inline 6 when I start my jeep it is low cranking when I go somewhere some time it will not do anything the lights all work gages work but it will not do anything I hear a clicking under the hood is it the starter or the starter cyclones thanks |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: some times wont start
most likely it is your starter. the next time it doesnt start try hitting it with something hard like a wrench. sometimes that works to get it started.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: some times wont start
Slow cranking to me indicates low voltage. I'd consider testing and possibly replacing the battery.
Also, check the positive battery cable; I've seen vehicles get corrosion on the inside of the cable, which caused all sorts of issues .
__________________
Ours: 2020 Jeep Wrangler 2.0, 53k 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 84k Kids: 2005 Honda CRV, 228k |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: some times wont start
+1 on the battery issue. Double check the battery connections, clean them up if they are corroded. If you are not getting a good connection it can make click/crackle noise. Check that first then let us know.
__________________
Blessed are the cracked ones, for they are the ones that let in the light. Quote:
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: some times wont start
I'm currently experiencing the same problem randomly. On mine the negative battery cable connection at the battery is a little loose and sometimes will vibrate around to where it's loose, all I do is turn it back so it's tight again and it fires right up. So sounds like the same problem I'm having, best thing to do is get a new battery unless the one you have is less than a year old, then get a marine battery terminal for it (the brass ones) as they prevent corrosion unlike the typical lead ones. Then get either new cables with a ring terminal on the end or get a ring terminal to connect to the wires and then onto the terminal, make sure to wrap them in electrical tape real good to prevent any corrosion there as well.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: some times wont start
ok i have tried everything that's been said and this morning i had to beat the starter with a hammer and then it stares up so i think the starter is about out thanks
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: some times wont start
Quote:
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: some times wont start
Ok I went a got a starter last night and put it in and it work grate now so thanks to every one
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|