-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Jumante Jumante is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 56
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
ABS light - Clear cut answer needed

Lets say your ABS light was on. Repairs were made and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the system. In a perfect world - Will the ABS light go out on its own (reset itself) or do you have to do something else? Just want to know if it resets itself, that is the big question. Thanks for your help. -99 explorer 4.0l. 4 wd.

-jumante
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-11-2007, 09:06 AM
gquirk gquirk is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: ABS light - Clear cut answer needed

Mine reset after repair 2000 EB 4.0l sohc
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-11-2007, 09:06 PM
knelleken knelleken is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: ABS light - Clear cut answer needed

some codes will others will take a long time to clear. disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and see if it goes out. if it comes on right away, then you have a hard fault that still needs repair.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Jumante Jumante is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 56
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: ABS light - Clear cut answer needed

Thanks for the info. I did disconnect the battery before and it came right on when I restarted the truck. I was hoping I fixed the problem but I guess I need to do some more work. So the light goes out by itself when the system is correct. I wasnt to sure about that and I couldn't find anything saying thats the way the ABS light system worked. Thanks again.

-jumante
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts