|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
hey for some reason i have no power steering in my 01 grand am se it is a 2.4 and there is no snow build up around the tires or anything and i went threw a snow bank last night and when i drove it today i had no power steering what so ever. it does not run off the serpenteen belt and was wondering if it could be frosen or something can u help me plz thanks
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: power steering?
Could just be out, not working.
Or snow/ice could posibly pinch a hose or freeze your rack & pinion. Might not hurt to try and thaw it out in a garage or something.... you did check the fluid level ? and Welcome to AF.
__________________
1999 Grand Am SS 3.4 OHV
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: power steering?
i'm having the same problem. my car is a 2000 grad am... is the back firewall wet??? if it is , it is proble just a hose.... my car just did it to me today 12-5-07.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: power steering?
Yeah these 1999 and up Grand ams all have issues with the power steering hoses leaking. IMO its the way they are designed, poorly.
![]() Pretty cheap through aftermarket parts stores like Napa, Azone, Car Quest etc etc. Just a PITA to change! good luck and Welcome to AF bigryan84 !
__________________
1999 Grand Am SS 3.4 OHV
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: power steering?
yeah all's mine was a hose fell off .... all's i did was push it back on and put a clamp on it...
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: power steering?
Same thing just happened to my 2000 grand am GT. I was snowing a lot after work so I though I'd have some fun backing out of the parking stall. I turned off traction control and cranked the wheel. I floored it and whipped the front end around. I think I was able to streighten the wheel out, but after that the power steering was gone.
Before(for the last year) when I turned the wheel all the way, it made a squeeling sound. Did me whipping the font end out wreck something or is this just a coincidence? All I know is that is was sure fun to drive home in the 4 inches of snow we got in the 5 hours before! |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|