-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific
Register FAQ Community
Non Specific This is the forum to post and generalized racing questions.
View Poll Results: What do u think of the 1series?
Love it 5 50.00%
Hate it 0 0%
Indifferent 5 50.00%
What's a 1 series? 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-07-2007, 06:06 PM
silentscreams85's Avatar
silentscreams85 silentscreams85 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to silentscreams85
BMW 1 Series

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futur...e=NEW1FVTOPNAV

What do you guys think?

With the 3 series getting more expensive and larger, BMW needed a "replacement" for its entry level car. It definetly caught my eye, and is most definetely on my list for a new car.
__________________

K&N Intake
TRD axleback exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-07-2007, 09:35 PM
93rollaracer's Avatar
93rollaracer 93rollaracer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 93rollaracer
Re: BMW 1 Series

Looks pretty sexy...I'd drive one.
__________________


Proud member of DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnym86

Metalheads: 93rolleracer

crazy sons of bitches who get hammered, break shit, and scream. yeah, they're pretty cool. right up to the point when they lynch a black guy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-07-2007, 09:37 PM
CassiesMan's Avatar
CassiesMan CassiesMan is offline
AF Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
Re: BMW 1 Series

I'm just meh on the looks. And I love how they are saying its supposed to be a small car...from what I've read, its still bigger than the original 3ers. I like it as a car, but I wouldn't want one. And I like how they say its an entry car, lol. After working at a BMW dealership for a period of time...good luck finding one for anything close to invoice. ESPECIALLY if they are to be as popular as they think they will be.
__________________
2006 Redline Red Nissan 350Z Base
K&N|Falken
I am just that JDM tight, yo.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2007, 12:59 AM
silentscreams85's Avatar
silentscreams85 silentscreams85 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to silentscreams85
Re: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
good luck finding one for anything close to invoice. ESPECIALLY if they are to be as popular as they think they will be.
i can always dream
__________________

K&N Intake
TRD axleback exhaust
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
DinanM3_S2's Avatar
DinanM3_S2 DinanM3_S2 is offline
Scuderia Kimi
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: BMW 1 Series

Twin turbos, RWD, smaller-ish... I like it. The ecu upgades are already getting the 335i (same engine as the 135i) up to 400whp. I only wish they offered one with a LSD.
__________________
Kimi Raikkonen 2007 WDC
Scuderia Ferrari 2007 WCC

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: BMW 1 Series

Great, except for the fact that it has no dipstick.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 PM
GForce957's Avatar
GForce957 GForce957 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
Great, except for the fact that it has no dipstick.



I like the 135, but its still going to be expensive. Oh well, maybe in 35 years it can come down in price and ill get it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 AM
CassiesMan's Avatar
CassiesMan CassiesMan is offline
AF Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
Re: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
Great, except for the fact that it has no dipstick.
I can't really blame them. After working on the service drive of a BWM dealership for a bit, I honestly wouldn't trust the average BMW owner to check their oil and not screw anything up. Gone are the days of BMW owners actually knowing about their cars and the history and name plate and such. Your average owner just wanted something that looked different than then standard Audi/MB. Its kind of sad.
__________________
2006 Redline Red Nissan 350Z Base
K&N|Falken
I am just that JDM tight, yo.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I can't really blame them. After working on the service drive of a BWM dealership for a bit, I honestly wouldn't trust the average BMW owner to check their oil and not screw anything up. Gone are the days of BMW owners actually knowing about their cars and the history and name plate and such. Your average owner just wanted something that looked different than then standard Audi/MB. Its kind of sad.
Then why do they still have the small tool kit in the back?

I can understand why, but it will keep me from ever considering buying one. I'll just stick with getting an E36 M3.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2007, 10:00 AM
CassiesMan's Avatar
CassiesMan CassiesMan is offline
AF Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
Re: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
Then why do they still have the small tool kit in the back?
You mean the wheel changing kit? Most likely a safety measure or such, I know it saved my ass when I was driving to NOLA a while back. That, and I used it when putting the intake into the car. LOL. Who needs instructions and proper tools, I just superman'd that hoe.
__________________
2006 Redline Red Nissan 350Z Base
K&N|Falken
I am just that JDM tight, yo.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Chad82 Chad82 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chad82
Re: BMW 1 Series

i hate compacts. at 6'8" they are my nemesis. I can barely fit in a 3 series. This is just to mock me.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-10-2007, 10:34 PM
RACER D12's Avatar
RACER D12 RACER D12 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Re: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
Who needs instructions and proper tools, I just superman'd that hoe.
__________________

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM
BlackGT2000's Avatar
BlackGT2000 BlackGT2000 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,796
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: BMW 1 Series

I like it, I don't know if I would ever get a BMW just because of the price, but if there is ever one thats going to be in my range I would guess this 1 series would be it. The twin turbo version sounds pretty bad ass too.
__________________
Currently own -2007 Civic EX coupe
Have owned -1999 Dodge Dakota
-2000 Mustang GT
-1991 Cavalier
-1997 Taurus GL
-1987 Ranger V6
-1985 Aries
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts